GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC20- My Father Not My God"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/03/05 at 23:16
Regular
This is a mistake. I should not have come.

Well we’re here now so let’s get it done.

I shift into a dark crevasse as a group of lawyers sneak by. A shiver goes up my spine as I think of where they might be going. Come on, we could kill them while we are here, they are part of this.

No. I must do what I came for and only that. I cannot be distracted by small fish. He made us. He gave us this gift. Now we have to show him how grateful we are.

A slight look to check the corridor is clear before I make my way to the stairs. Take out the cameras with ease and agility, although I find myself holding back. Do I want them to see me coming? Maybe I should get them worried, although what am I thinking, he thinks he is God. His arrogance is legendary. That is why I will succeed. I must keep out of sight. He may have been my maker but he is no more than that. There is only one that can create and give purpose to life.

We must save our energy for the top floor. That is where we get to have fun. Wet the floor and make it sticky, don’t hold back, they didn’t.

I climb the final feet and look at the door. Here is where it begins, probably where it ends. Leaning on the door I drop my head between my arms, quivering now. Why am I frightened? I have killed for him I have been tortured to death and brought back to life for him and never stopped to gather courage. Thinking upon it; none of these things required it. I fear him. I suppose everyone fears their parents. They will always have power over you no matter what the physical differences.

Don’t worry about it, we have the power now. We must use it. Kill him.

Five deep breaths: One to gather my strength the other four to gather my faith. Nothing can stop me.

I stand over a bed. My clothes barely cover my chest now and my blood mixes with that of fifteen men. What are we doing? Do it now!

I stand beside the bed stomach churning. The sword I hold does little to ease the pressure in my chest as it contracts, squeezing all the air out of these heavy lungs. We can end it all right now.

I kneel below him and hold my head, shaking so violently I knock down the stand holding the IV which nourishes this ancient carcass. This man betrayed us. He sent us to that flat knowing that they would kill the messenger and then used our broken body in blasphemy, discarding us as a monster, a mistake.

As my legs fail I slash at the wires and thrust my blade into the sockets that supply him current to make his thick blood run. This is all I can do for the best of the world.

No more pain. Funny how turning the blade to myself I feel no fear. My chest expands and I am free.
Thu 17/03/05 at 19:29
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
This is an old one? Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.
Thu 17/03/05 at 17:48
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
I think it's been done before. Something by 'The Sagacious One', I recall, I read it in that list of short stories.
Wed 16/03/05 at 22:42
"period drama"
Still excellent, but I'm not sure how the rules stand on reposting an old story.
Tue 08/03/05 at 23:16
Regular
This is a mistake. I should not have come.

Well we’re here now so let’s get it done.

I shift into a dark crevasse as a group of lawyers sneak by. A shiver goes up my spine as I think of where they might be going. Come on, we could kill them while we are here, they are part of this.

No. I must do what I came for and only that. I cannot be distracted by small fish. He made us. He gave us this gift. Now we have to show him how grateful we are.

A slight look to check the corridor is clear before I make my way to the stairs. Take out the cameras with ease and agility, although I find myself holding back. Do I want them to see me coming? Maybe I should get them worried, although what am I thinking, he thinks he is God. His arrogance is legendary. That is why I will succeed. I must keep out of sight. He may have been my maker but he is no more than that. There is only one that can create and give purpose to life.

We must save our energy for the top floor. That is where we get to have fun. Wet the floor and make it sticky, don’t hold back, they didn’t.

I climb the final feet and look at the door. Here is where it begins, probably where it ends. Leaning on the door I drop my head between my arms, quivering now. Why am I frightened? I have killed for him I have been tortured to death and brought back to life for him and never stopped to gather courage. Thinking upon it; none of these things required it. I fear him. I suppose everyone fears their parents. They will always have power over you no matter what the physical differences.

Don’t worry about it, we have the power now. We must use it. Kill him.

Five deep breaths: One to gather my strength the other four to gather my faith. Nothing can stop me.

I stand over a bed. My clothes barely cover my chest now and my blood mixes with that of fifteen men. What are we doing? Do it now!

I stand beside the bed stomach churning. The sword I hold does little to ease the pressure in my chest as it contracts, squeezing all the air out of these heavy lungs. We can end it all right now.

I kneel below him and hold my head, shaking so violently I knock down the stand holding the IV which nourishes this ancient carcass. This man betrayed us. He sent us to that flat knowing that they would kill the messenger and then used our broken body in blasphemy, discarding us as a monster, a mistake.

As my legs fail I slash at the wires and thrust my blade into the sockets that supply him current to make his thick blood run. This is all I can do for the best of the world.

No more pain. Funny how turning the blade to myself I feel no fear. My chest expands and I am free.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.