GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEBOY ADVANCE NEWS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/05/01 at 08:52
Regular
Start saving your poket money,the gameboy advance is heading your way in just two months!
On june 22 the latest and greatest portabal pal will launch in the uk at about £80 with games retailing at under £30.
Eight titles will be availible including Super Mario Advance,Kuru Kuru Rin,F Zero maximum velocity and rayman,plus there will be three colours to choose from,purple,clear.blue and white.
With another 40 title expected by the time christmas arrives ,this amazing machine is going to blow you away.
Wed 23/05/01 at 20:27
Regular
Batistuta wrote:
> listen right, i aint dissing the Game boy in any way. its been
> going for ages and it is the best selling console of all time,
> but.......

When i'm in the toilet i can play snake on my phone.
> I dont really wanna spend a fiver on some pathetic GB game.

Just because they are old, it doesn't mean they are pathetic!

I've spent most my gaming days on a 46Kb (kilobit) games console called the ZX Spectrum. Not exactly the biggest memory and the games weren't exactly perfect. However they were fun to play and lasted ages!

The Gameboy/Gameboy Color has excellent 2D games and they also last for ages! they have improved since the days of the ZX spectrum and are great to play! There is more gameplay on Gameboy games, than some of the new 3D games!
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:37
"Uzi Lover"
Bewarethetoadsoffate wrote:
> is it true that the GBA will double up as a controller for the
> Gamecube? I read it in a mag ages ago, but haven't heard anything
> about it since

No doubt that Nintendo will use the GBA with the GBA. I also heard that the GBA will be used as a controller to, but not nessericaly for every game, just a few that work in conjunction with the cube.

I bet Nintendo, as ever, have many plans up their sleaves!

The GC gets my vote along with the GBA, Nintendo, I salute you!

hehe
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:33
"Uzi Lover"
Lol, so true Grix.

er-no, I got it for 75 pounds including delivery straight from Hong Kong

Galacier, ummmmmmm looks yummy!
Wed 23/05/01 at 19:28
is it true that the GBA will double up as a controller for the Gamecube? I read it in a mag ages ago, but haven't heard anything about it since
Wed 23/05/01 at 18:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I just ordered a GBA, import from Japan.

Thing is, its by airmail
> and may take ages! Maybe even after it is released knowing my
> luck!

How much..... what with......
Wed 23/05/01 at 18:45
Regular
Congratulations MWA. You are now one step further to becoming completely forfilled in life.
Wed 23/05/01 at 18:41
"Uzi Lover"
I just ordered a GBA, import from Japan.

Thing is, its by airmail and may take ages! Maybe even after it is released knowing my luck!

I have got Tony Hawks 2 coming to my doorstep though thanks to SR :->!
Wed 23/05/01 at 18:36
Regular
Grix rubs off the orange crayon message, pockets the GBA, and makes a run for it...

And gets blown up approximatly 15.86 seconds later.
Wed 23/05/01 at 13:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
Your Honour wrote:
> Thing is, will an import GC be able to play UK games? The GBA is
> universal, is the 'Cube as well.

Nope, they are not multiregional as far as I know (about two miles from this window)....sadly I don't think they will be....I wonder if are Jap GBA's have anything extra inside....

**er-no opens up his GBA**

**inside he finds an english message attached**

'Didn't you read the Japanese warning before you opened it....

(er-no can't read Japanese)

....in english it said....This GBA will selve destruct within 20 seconds of being opened!

**er-no lets out a blood curdling scream, and throws his GBA out the window**
Wed 23/05/01 at 13:31
Regular
Thing is, will an import GC be able to play UK games? The GBA is universal, is the 'Cube as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.