GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2 - What its all about?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:29
Regular
"Insert Gently"
As I have a Mac I'm neglected on the PC gaming front but can't say i'm not interested in Half-Life 2, probably have to wait a while for a console version if there ever is one but would like to know what it is like, how it play's and what 'cool' stuff you can do and what is the story/plot. As i'm too lazy to type in a website address to find this out myself.

Danke.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
More is explained towards the end, but it doesn't fully tell you who G-Man is and is purpose for sending you on these dangerous missions, though it does give a little more insight. I'm guessing they're saving all the big revalations for Half Life 3.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well I did play Half Life and I haven't got a clue what's going on.
Fri 19/11/04 at 13:59
Regular
"\\"
Well considering I never played Half life, I really am pretty clueless. I saw Gman once though!

I walked into this room with a TV on the floor, and it had Gman just stood there, it turned itself off pretty much after I saw it though.

*cough*

**SPOILER**?
Fri 19/11/04 at 11:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> As for the story... Who knows? I've been trying to pay attention, but
> still have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

You can actually find out all you need to know about the story through the environments themselves, if you look hard enough, you'll discover who the combine are and piece together some of the event that took place between Half Life 1 and Half Life 2.

*MAJOR SPOILER*

Don't quote if you don't want to know.

[S][S][S][S][S]if you still can't discover it, the Combine are aliens who conquered Earth after the events in Black Mesa. They where most probably in control of Xen and where the ones responsible for sending the aliens to attack Black Mesa, hence why Gordon is liked so much by the genral populace, as he defeated them the first time around.

Not alot if given away about what happened to Freeman in between HL and HL2, though I'm assuming, and emphasis on the word assume as I'm not certain on this, that the portal you step into at the end of Half Life is infact a time portal, which is why you don't know the true nature of the Combine, as you wheren't there to experience it.
Fri 19/11/04 at 08:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
www.halflife2.net
Fri 19/11/04 at 08:53
Regular
"\\"
Well you'll probably spend 3 hours before you think about coming off it. So i'll leave you to it.
Fri 19/11/04 at 08:52
Depends how much time I spend on single player and other stuff.
Fri 19/11/04 at 08:49
Regular
"\\"
Ooooh!

Does that mean playing some CS source with you?
Fri 19/11/04 at 08:45
Oh, should get my copy of the game today. A weekend (just Friday) of gaming... oh yes.
Fri 19/11/04 at 08:31
An Xbox version is in the works, supposedly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.