GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Doctor Who Available To See Now"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/03/05 at 15:34
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Yes you read correctly, the 1st episode of the new Doctor Who series is available to watch right now via BitTorrent. But im not going to post any links to it as youll have to find it yourselves.

It seems that it is a promo copy given to Canada's CBC network and someone there has leaked it onto the net.

From what ive seen so far, im quite pleased with it, but I will pass judgement when it actually starts on the BBC from the 26th of this month.
Mon 07/03/05 at 15:34
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Yes you read correctly, the 1st episode of the new Doctor Who series is available to watch right now via BitTorrent. But im not going to post any links to it as youll have to find it yourselves.

It seems that it is a promo copy given to Canada's CBC network and someone there has leaked it onto the net.

From what ive seen so far, im quite pleased with it, but I will pass judgement when it actually starts on the BBC from the 26th of this month.
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:24
Regular
Do you have any idea when it's coming to (terrestrial) t.v?
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:48
Regular
"0228"
In around three weeks.
Tue 08/03/05 at 21:51
"possibly impossible"
From what I understand, the copy was intended for promoting the series by using parts of it. This is not the final edit and therefore does not have all the SFX and sound dubbing of the proper TV version.

Can't wait for the finished thing, though I expect it will still be a disappointment for anyone hoping for the old Dr Who...

..oh and the adverts have been on today too, very nice Tardis interior and good to hear the old theme tune back (in a new form, of course)...
Tue 08/03/05 at 22:10
Regular
"8==="
Well I'm excited.

/sarcasm
Tue 08/03/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
pb wrote:
> From what I understand, the copy was intended for promoting the series
> by using parts of it. This is not the final edit and therefore does
> not have all the SFX and sound dubbing of the proper TV version.

From what I've just watched, that's not true. It's a complete episode, with everything intact. It's damn silly, but Eccleson is pretty good, but then Eccleson is always entertaining.

I've a feeling the "promotional" comments are to stop people downloading it, yet at the same time still think it's been deliberatly leaked. One episode? That's not enough for a channel to decide whether they buy it or not.......

You're never going to get "the old Dr Who" either. It's all dependent on who was playing him at the time you grew up in. Tom Bakers always going to be the one I remember. I found the earlier ones twee.

So. It's got poor effects. I chuckled throughout. It's very british. "Every planet has a north". Dr Who to a tee. I can think of far worse ways to spend 45 minutes.
Wed 09/03/05 at 10:22
Regular
For me it was Sylvester McCoy and the bloke before him.

I'll keep an eye out for this, but doubt it'll have the same magic as the originals.
Wed 09/03/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bullett wrote:
> For me it was Sylvester McCoy and the bloke before him.
>
> I'll keep an eye out for this, but doubt it'll have the same magic as
> the originals.

I dunno. The opening of the new one didn't have the magic to my jaded and cynical 31 year old eyes, but I can imagine younger people having a blast with it. I remember a few years ago catching the episode of one of the ones I grew up with. There were these standing stone columns, and a woman touched one and her hands melted while she screamed blue murder. It really freaked me years and years ago, but watching it again I realise it was pitifully tame.

At least the new one has better (but still poor) effects, and they've got the humor spot on.
Wed 09/03/05 at 20:31
Regular
"8==="
Sylvester McCoy.
Wed 09/03/05 at 20:56
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Well I'm excited.
>
> /sarcasm

Shut up. No-one cares about your opinion if you're going to come into a thread and 'slate' what the topic is about (so you can boost your posts)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.