GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OMG HOW REVOLUTIONARY!!!11!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/11/04 at 15:14
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7210[/URL]

Such an unpredictable move from EA has never been witnessed!
Sat 20/11/04 at 01:07
Regular
"Bow to me!"
When you've played one football game you've played them all. I dont mind EA, some good games, some bad, I just generally pick and choose.
Fri 19/11/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
To be honest I don't reeeally see what people are moaning about.

I'm not a huge footy fan. I like the games in that they're fun to play, and I couldn't give a rats-@ss about who the players are. I like ones where you just pick your country, that simplicity does me just fine. But some people are quite @nal about their sport and want to be able to pick their local team or what not and see them through to the championship.

Me, I never really bother to play them much in single player, just like a bit of ISS or Pro Evo against some mates.

So for people that love football games, and you've got to admit there's helluva lot of them out there, what's wrong with someone offering up some alternatives... event specific say?

All racing games are pretty much the same, in that you drive a car! Should we not have loads of different ones based around different events, styles, vehicles... Just because in each one all your doing is driving a car??

This game is being made because it will sell. No-ones 'forcing' anyone to buy it. It's your own choice. People like to complain about people buying the new version of EA games each year, but for a LARGE portion of the videogaming population, that's pretty much all they buy. People like sports games, and they like them to be up-to-date. You'd moan if all the players names were five years out of date!

So what's wrong really with EA bringing out a game based around, which ever event this one is (already forgotten what it's called, UEFA something...) ??

It's offering people who enjoy football the chance to see their team triumph in this great championship. It'll probably co-inside with the real event... much like the world cup games. So you can watch it on the TV and then re-live the event yourself and lead your team to victory.

That may not appeal to you if your not a complete footy bafoon, but for a VAST quantity of people they'll be "woo, cool man"

Anyways, I've just come back from the cinema, watched Shaolin Soccer! Someone should make that into a game!

:D
Fri 19/11/04 at 21:04
Regular
Not EA Ash. Oh no. If there's a dollar sign EA will take it. Even if that means creating completely random football games.
Fri 19/11/04 at 19:27
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
This is just an example of how EA always release two Fifa rips per year. Next year it'll be three.

You'd think a company with such huge financial backing could afford to take a risk on SOMETHING.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
*Agrees with Fox*

Although it still may be announced.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:40
"The Will of D."
I'm still annoyed at EA coz they didn't release Burnout 3 on the gamecube.
The biatchs
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:45
Plus, it's a football game. You can't make it original.
Fri 19/11/04 at 16:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You know the Dreamcast died mainly due to EA dropping support for the console early on in its life?

The games might not be the most original and revolutionary, but they help keep Gamecube alive... scummy thing to do, that, yeah...
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:43
Regular
Oh my, not another 'Let's make a football game that only limits you to a single competition and all the footie nuts will buy it and we'll get more money' EA Scam!

Jesus, this is going to far. FIFA, Pro Evo and maybe TIF and ISS are all we need. None of these crappy 'UEFA' football games that concerntrate on one tournament.

EA are the Scum :(
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The initials E.A and 'unpredictable' shouldn't be anywhere near each other.

Ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.