GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2 month Live trial that came with Halo 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yo, monkey_man here. Has anyone used the free trial that came with Halo 2 to play on Live yet? Are there any limitations? I know you have to use a credit card, but I'll probably sign-up afterwards anyway.

Please say it works fine, I want to kill you all.

Online (mostly).
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:55
Regular
"BOO YA!"
free tiral thing ? i opened my box , *collectors editon* and couldnt find the free trial voucher anywhere its pants, i ahd to shell out for a 12 month one , but hey ho i got pgr2 so im ok
Sun 21/11/04 at 14:02
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Yuo pay the £40 for a year's subscription and the headset, You have to enter your credit card details incase you want to d/l any patches/maps etc. which the company may charge for.
Sun 21/11/04 at 13:53
Regular
Didnt realize I was repeating what DreamWarBird posted :D
Sun 21/11/04 at 13:51
Regular
Dante: right vergil! wrote:
> You get a free 1 year trial with the xbox live starter kit.

No, its not a free trial, because you bought the code, and you bought the headset etc for £40, so it's not really a free trial :/
Sun 21/11/04 at 12:37
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Dante: right vergil! wrote:
> You get a free 1 year trial with the xbox live starter kit.

Thats a blumming long Trial!

Plus didnt you have to pay for the starter kit, hence it not being free?
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Daveus wrote:
> What you need the credit card for, when you've already paid £40
> for the starter kit? I'll have to get my parents to do that part and
> pay them whatever as I have a debit card (don't trust myself, no
> way!)

You get a free 1 year trial with the xbox live starter kit.
Sun 21/11/04 at 09:11
Regular
"BOSE"
That's a bit harsh, Monkey man :-S

The cheapest way is using cables mate. I'm doing it wireless myself today. I've been pulling my hair out the past couple of days getting it set up, so my cousin, aka Yoda/Wiz Kid (he really is worth calling yoda - he's the master at technoligy) is coming over this morning to do it for me. Wireless is more expenisve out of the two ways, but it's neater. No cables all over the floor.
Sat 20/11/04 at 15:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ninjax wrote:
> i want live but dont know how to set up! : (

Then you shouldn't be allowed to use electronic equipment. Not even a watch.
Sat 20/11/04 at 14:38
Regular
"boom boom click"
i want live but dont know how to set up! : (
Sat 20/11/04 at 14:17
Regular
"BOSE"
What you need the credit card for, when you've already paid £40 for the starter kit? I'll have to get my parents to do that part and pay them whatever as I have a debit card (don't trust myself, no way!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.