GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/03/05 at 20:29
"Dark FX"
Hey. I need some serious help with CSS. I've made a site using dreamweaver without the help of PHP or CSS. Just pure HTML (big mistake i know) but i really don't understand how to have a basic template (title banner, navigation bar, etc) for all of the pages and update them all by just editing one page. Like this Special Reserve website. Thanks in advanced. I'd really appreciate it
Sun 06/03/05 at 20:29
"Dark FX"
Hey. I need some serious help with CSS. I've made a site using dreamweaver without the help of PHP or CSS. Just pure HTML (big mistake i know) but i really don't understand how to have a basic template (title banner, navigation bar, etc) for all of the pages and update them all by just editing one page. Like this Special Reserve website. Thanks in advanced. I'd really appreciate it
Sun 06/03/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Digging!"
real crossbob! wrote:
> isnt csss a game you silyl billy!

Nice one you tw...

Ahem, yes.

I learnt from http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp .

CSS isn't complicated once you've learnt it, and if you are using Dreamweaver 2004 MX its really easy as it links it all directly in and does code suggestions in CSS.
Sun 06/03/05 at 20:39
"Dark FX"
Thanks
Sun 06/03/05 at 22:26
"Dark FX"
Is it not possible to add images and/or tables using CSS?
Sun 06/03/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Digging!"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> Is it not possible to add images and/or tables using CSS?

You can add background images with CSS, and CSS is a replacement for tables, you don't need tables once you use CSS

http://paladin.8bit.co.uk/index.htm

Site I made, has no tables, just uses the following CSS

http://paladin.8bit.co.uk/indexstyle.css
Sun 06/03/05 at 22:46
"Dark FX"
that's a cool site. I still need some serious assistance though (i'm really sorry)

This is the site i'm working on (or trying to) [URL] http://www.king.ray.btinternet.co.uk/home.htm [/URL] i know it's rubbish but i'm using it to get to know CSS and maybe PHP.

What's the simplest way i can create this site with as little hassle as possible. What CSS statements should i use, etc?

Thanks again
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Have a look at www.echoecho.com, they have some very simple CSS tutorials. It really is replacing the with
or

If you have the money, have a look at Designing with Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman. Points out the main advantages of xHTML & CSS vs. HTML.
Mon 07/03/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Digging!"

> This is the site i'm working on (or trying to) [URL]
> http://www.king.ray.btinternet.co.uk/home.htm [/URL] i know it's
> rubbish but i'm using it to get to know CSS and maybe PHP.
>
> What's the simplest way i can create this site with as little hassle
> as possible. What CSS statements should i use, etc?

Firstly, link to a CSS file, don't create the code in the head, it defeats on of the main points for using CSS. Do it like so placing the following code in the head and create a .css file that it links to:

Then you can link to the one file on all pages so you can change 1 file and it will edit the whole design.

Now you want to learn how to position elements using CSS so you don't have those tables in there; learn how to use the margins, padding and the left, right, etc attributes and how they effect each other. Once you've mastered that you can replace those tables and use CSS and
tags. Then learn the rest of the attributes in CSS and then you can add those to the mix to get your site completely CSS styled.
Mon 07/03/05 at 20:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
> Is it not possible to add images and/or tables using CSS?

Tables, yes, there's defined CSS declarations just for defining Tales, table-rows, table-header etc etc, though mainly CSS2, so wouldn't go diving into that either. There's also the nightmare of the coding for it being very similar in structure to XML, so unless yor familiar, I'd avoid it for now.

Images... Yes and no. Yes, you can use CSS to draw basic images, very clever stuff, hardly supported and looks crap!;) Not much really you can do in CSS to an IMG otherwise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.