GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninetdo at E3 (Information)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/05/01 at 18:54
Regular
Nintendo at E3

One of the greatest days for computer gaming of the year. A whole variety of game designing companies showed up, unveiling brand new games. Nintendo and their little box of glory were their. A whole variety of brand new, and impressive, titles for the Game Cube were shown. I would have loved to be there but my pocket money is insufficient to buy me a ticket to the U.S.A. Instead, as soon as possible, I surfed the web to find as much as possible. First I went to the web site of my favourite company, Rare (www.rareware.com). They announce 3 games for the game cube and 4 games for the Game Boy Advance. First up was Rare’s mysterious RPG called Dinosaur Planet, which was supposed to be on the N64, which is now going to be on the Game Cube. The game is now titled: Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet. The game starring Fox Mcloud, familiar from Lylatwars on the N64 and Starwing on the SNES. From the screen shots the game looks very impressive with a really big and fierce looking evil person, Gannon eat your heart out. Also there was a game that not even I was expecting to appear on the Game Cube. It’s a sequel to the N64 racer Diddy Kong Racing entitled Donker Kong Racing. Any one who owned Diddy Kong Racing will recognise ‘the genie of the island’, a big purple elephant, amongst characters from Donkey Kong 64. On the Game Boy Advance side, there was a sequel to Banjo Tooie called Grunty’s Revenge. It plays like Zelda Link’s Awakening but a lot more fast paced and platform based. The Graphics look good and Banjo and Kazooie are easily recognised. Another for the Game Boy advance was a Mario Kart Style racer, but knowing Rare they decided to go one step further. It’s called Diddy Kong Pilot, a racing game but in planes. Looks very similar to Mario Kart but the planes should make it a bit more exiting. I then went to Nintendo to see what was going on there. There was a sequel to Super Smash Brothers called Super Smash Brothers Melee. It features all the usual characters but with better graphics, slicker game play and more exiting power ups than the original. Hopefully this will be one of the release games. On the other side Zelda fans will be disappointed to hear that nothing further has been revealed about a new Zelda game. Another disappointment was that no other plans have been set out for Perfect Dark Zero, as it is now called. Luigi’s mansion it set to be a release game along with a game starring Samus in a shoot ‘em up games. There was also a seeming endless list of games to be. The line up of games looks so mouth-watering that by the end you look at it your mouth will be so dry that you’ll probably have to go to a Hospital. Oh by the way the web site for nintendo is (www.nitendo.com) also you could try the E3 official wed site but it’s hard to get any information as you have to sign up to this journalism site. Any way if you haven’t to these web sites already go now…….go on I’m not going to say anything else.
Mon 21/05/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Nintendo at E3

One of the greatest days for computer gaming of the year. A whole variety of game designing companies showed up, unveiling brand new games. Nintendo and their little box of glory were their. A whole variety of brand new, and impressive, titles for the Game Cube were shown. I would have loved to be there but my pocket money is insufficient to buy me a ticket to the U.S.A. Instead, as soon as possible, I surfed the web to find as much as possible. First I went to the web site of my favourite company, Rare (www.rareware.com). They announce 3 games for the game cube and 4 games for the Game Boy Advance. First up was Rare’s mysterious RPG called Dinosaur Planet, which was supposed to be on the N64, which is now going to be on the Game Cube. The game is now titled: Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet. The game starring Fox Mcloud, familiar from Lylatwars on the N64 and Starwing on the SNES. From the screen shots the game looks very impressive with a really big and fierce looking evil person, Gannon eat your heart out. Also there was a game that not even I was expecting to appear on the Game Cube. It’s a sequel to the N64 racer Diddy Kong Racing entitled Donker Kong Racing. Any one who owned Diddy Kong Racing will recognise ‘the genie of the island’, a big purple elephant, amongst characters from Donkey Kong 64. On the Game Boy Advance side, there was a sequel to Banjo Tooie called Grunty’s Revenge. It plays like Zelda Link’s Awakening but a lot more fast paced and platform based. The Graphics look good and Banjo and Kazooie are easily recognised. Another for the Game Boy advance was a Mario Kart Style racer, but knowing Rare they decided to go one step further. It’s called Diddy Kong Pilot, a racing game but in planes. Looks very similar to Mario Kart but the planes should make it a bit more exiting. I then went to Nintendo to see what was going on there. There was a sequel to Super Smash Brothers called Super Smash Brothers Melee. It features all the usual characters but with better graphics, slicker game play and more exiting power ups than the original. Hopefully this will be one of the release games. On the other side Zelda fans will be disappointed to hear that nothing further has been revealed about a new Zelda game. Another disappointment was that no other plans have been set out for Perfect Dark Zero, as it is now called. Luigi’s mansion it set to be a release game along with a game starring Samus in a shoot ‘em up games. There was also a seeming endless list of games to be. The line up of games looks so mouth-watering that by the end you look at it your mouth will be so dry that you’ll probably have to go to a Hospital. Oh by the way the web site for nintendo is (www.nitendo.com) also you could try the E3 official wed site but it’s hard to get any information as you have to sign up to this journalism site. Any way if you haven’t to these web sites already go now…….go on I’m not going to say anything else.
Mon 21/05/01 at 19:59
Regular
See Meka's post for a grammatically better and more informative post.....

(sorry :)
Mon 21/05/01 at 20:21
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
I see Rbs and Er-no prodding him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.