GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Horizontal Flickering Lines During Games"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/03/05 at 11:39
"Uzi Lover"
I've been using my graphics card (6600 GT) for a few months now and during this time I did overclock the card for a few hours. This was merely a test to see if things would run any better, but the difference was hardly noticable.

My graphics card is now at stock clock settings.

However, when playing games I do get flickering horizontal lines on some occasions which run directly in the middle of the screen but appear more obvious nearer the ends.

I have read this could be a result of overclocking but I did return the card back to stock settings. I can't remember getting lines like this before either.

Have I damaged my card or something? What can I do to stop this? Or is this all quite normal?

Thanks in advance.
Sat 05/03/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Touched!"
No probs mate!
Sat 05/03/05 at 13:48
"Uzi Lover"
I am stupid. Thats pretty easy math. 'Refresh' rate and all that. I should of thought of it sooner.

I stuck it up to 70 and it appears the lines have gone! Thanks.

That vsync was already on.
Sat 05/03/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Touched!"
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) if it's higher it can sometimes reducuce the flickering because it runs at a higher refresh rate.
Sat 05/03/05 at 13:12
"Uzi Lover"
Yeah they are clear. Must be the V-Sync thing, I'll search it in a sec. Thanks.

Whats the deal with refresh rate? I always keep it at 60 as I thought anything higher wouldn't perform as good.
Sat 05/03/05 at 12:50
Regular
"Touched!"
It could be the V-sync thing which only appear in certain games. Try your refresh rate at 70hz. Also are these lines colours like blue/red/white or clear? If they are clear it's likely to be the v-sync thing.
Sat 05/03/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Do you have an LCD monitor? If so, you might need to turn V-sync on. I don't know how to do this with NVidia cards, but a Google search should suffice.
Sat 05/03/05 at 11:39
"Uzi Lover"
I've been using my graphics card (6600 GT) for a few months now and during this time I did overclock the card for a few hours. This was merely a test to see if things would run any better, but the difference was hardly noticable.

My graphics card is now at stock clock settings.

However, when playing games I do get flickering horizontal lines on some occasions which run directly in the middle of the screen but appear more obvious nearer the ends.

I have read this could be a result of overclocking but I did return the card back to stock settings. I can't remember getting lines like this before either.

Have I damaged my card or something? What can I do to stop this? Or is this all quite normal?

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.