GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New site, new project, need opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/03/05 at 19:27
Regular
So it has come to the day when I am going to attempt to move into the world of getting freelance web design work to join all of you.

But any freelance designer needs something to show off his work, correct? Which is why I am working on my own site to use.

(currently hosted on my old domain, the new domain/hosting is on its way)

[URL]http://www.djh-world.com/djhsolutions/index.php[/URL]

So erm, what do you think?

I'm currently having a few CSS problems associated with Firefox (for once), open the site in IE....

See how the picture bar on the right stays above the line? Any ideas how to make it do the same thing in Firefox?

- Lose the #414141 in the 'center' area or keep the whole thing the same colour?
- Do you think it looks OK as it spans whole of the page?
- Tyla, you're good with colours, the grey in the body (#e1e1e1) - does it work well with the site or should I change it to something better?

Cheers for any comments/replies.
Sun 06/03/05 at 14:52
Regular
"Unretired"
That's a nice site, but I'm not too keen on the grey box at the bottom under copyright notice though.
Sun 06/03/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
Sorry, very off topic but are there any good PHP / MySql (not PHP - that's fine, but like, both working together [MT Styley :P])?

Or is it books?
Sun 06/03/05 at 10:49
Regular
Hmmm fair enough.

I suppose it looks OK.

Just waiting for the hosting now...
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:23
The colour issue is based on opinion and "instinct". Does it look good to *you*?

Then imagine yourself as your targeted clients and think the same.
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:11
Regular
Any suggestions on the colour thing, Tyla?
Fri 04/03/05 at 21:16
Regular
"relocated"
Very swish, well done.
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:58
Regular
Excellent, Cheers Tyla that sorted it.
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Look up clearing floats, this is the problem. It's actually a very common problem to do with having a float in a container div.

Have a look at:

[URL]http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html[/URL]

Looks great though
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:17
Regular
"Digging!"
Stick the line in its on div and set the div's position to relative and use that to place the bar relative to the image.
Fri 04/03/05 at 19:27
Regular
So it has come to the day when I am going to attempt to move into the world of getting freelance web design work to join all of you.

But any freelance designer needs something to show off his work, correct? Which is why I am working on my own site to use.

(currently hosted on my old domain, the new domain/hosting is on its way)

[URL]http://www.djh-world.com/djhsolutions/index.php[/URL]

So erm, what do you think?

I'm currently having a few CSS problems associated with Firefox (for once), open the site in IE....

See how the picture bar on the right stays above the line? Any ideas how to make it do the same thing in Firefox?

- Lose the #414141 in the 'center' area or keep the whole thing the same colour?
- Do you think it looks OK as it spans whole of the page?
- Tyla, you're good with colours, the grey in the body (#e1e1e1) - does it work well with the site or should I change it to something better?

Cheers for any comments/replies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.