GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Firefox and Flash (.swf) problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/03/05 at 18:04
Regular
"herro"
Whenever I'm linked directly to a .swf file, it asks me to open or save to disc.

If I save, it just goes to desktop, I click, it asks me to choose what to open it with, I choose Firefox...it asks me to open or save to disc.

If I open, it just does the same (it's an infinite loop - new dialog comes up asking for open/save, except location is temp files or whatever).

This is irritating me greatly.
ta 4 ure helpz
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:41
Regular
Yeah, I can't load grixswang either...

[If I had the time, money, energy, motivation, creativity, I'd have bought that site just to put a swf file there. But then you wouldn't be able to view it anyway so you'd never believe me.]
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Digging!"
Just open the SWF using SAFlashPlayer.exe directly then.
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:15
Regular
"herro"
It's not there.
:'{
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Digging!"
Go to Tools > Options > Downloads > and delete SWF from the file types.
Fri 04/03/05 at 19:49
Regular
"herro"
oh my
Fri 04/03/05 at 19:48
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
That link to me is a dead one. "Page cannot be displayed". Is it spelt correctly?
Fri 04/03/05 at 19:18
Regular
"herro"
That's just it.
It's installed.

I know this for sure too because if I'm linked to a page with flash on it, or where there's a flash vid on the page, all is well.

It's only when I'm directly linked to http://welshys.com/grixswang.swf that things mess up.
Fri 04/03/05 at 18:09
Regular
Tried downloading Flash for Firefox? Check the Flash homepage, player for Firefox or something.
Fri 04/03/05 at 18:04
Regular
"herro"
Whenever I'm linked directly to a .swf file, it asks me to open or save to disc.

If I save, it just goes to desktop, I click, it asks me to choose what to open it with, I choose Firefox...it asks me to open or save to disc.

If I open, it just does the same (it's an infinite loop - new dialog comes up asking for open/save, except location is temp files or whatever).

This is irritating me greatly.
ta 4 ure helpz

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.