GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 chip"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Sat 20/11/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Nicolaj"
I canīt wait to play Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater so iīm thinking of setting a chip in my PS2 so i can play PS2 games from USA but i donīt know where to find one plaese tell me where can i find a chip that can make the PS2 play PS2 game from USA?
Sat 11/12/04 at 02:34
Regular
"We are the dead"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> There is no such thing as a flip-top disc.
> Discs do not have flippy tops.

He speaks sense.
Listen and learn, little ones.
Sat 11/12/04 at 02:14
Regular
"1994 Honda DelSol"
its not worth it getting ur ps2 chipped just for 1 game i would rather wait the time instead of lossing the warranty and having the risk of damaging my ps2
Sun 21/11/04 at 00:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
No, it's not an extra drive.

Just changes the front / left side of the PS2 to a flip top, so you don't have to use the drive tray.
Sat 20/11/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I thought it was just a drive where you can run an extra disk at the same time. The disk isnt the key, it just kind of overrides the PS2 settings. Would I be right in prosuming?

Not that I want one or anything, Im perfectly happy with my plain old PAL PS2
Sat 20/11/04 at 22:48
"period drama"
There is no such thing as a flip-top disc.
Discs do not have flippy tops.
Sat 20/11/04 at 22:45
Regular
"..."
So, this flip top disc, does it play NTSC games on a PAL console ?
Sat 20/11/04 at 22:35
"period drama"
Coin wrote:
> We've already had this discussion, no reason why it can't.

Actually, there's this amazing force-field type thingo that starts up when you try to put the boot disc in. It's actually impossible for disc to come within about a foot of the PS2 - unless you want to go flying back across the room, or your disc exploded in your face with all the shards digging into your eyes and renting and ripping open pupils and retina, through, through into grey tissue and mind.

ahem.

New Sony anti-piracy policy.
Kill those who try it.

[S]also: don't trying opening up a new PS2. your whole family, all your friends, pets, and favorite possesions, servant and slaves could be at serious risk. Plus, you'll void your warrenty. Oo-er.
Sat 20/11/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Bicycle"
I'm pretty sure you only need the disc.

We've already had this discussion, no reason why it can't.
Sat 20/11/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You can add a flip top to the original PS2, and then you can use a disc, kinda like a Free-loader. However it is Illegal. I want to know if you can user the disc with the Slim PS2 though, since it's already a flip-top.
Sat 20/11/04 at 21:53
Regular
"..."
What disc ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.