GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Some help needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/03/05 at 02:40
Regular
"Always the winner?"
No, not much required. It is just that whenever I play this song (by Green Day) in winamp; I see in the small "bar visualization" that the 16 KHz band (the bar on the extreme right when you are looking at the screen) does not move much. This mostly happens when the audio file has been encoded in through several generations; more so when MP3 was not properly ripped.

Can anyone, who has this song, please play it in winamp or anyother player and reply here about the curious 16KHz band please. I know it doesn't matter much; but I'll appreciate a reply anyways.

Do mention whether you've downloaded the mp3 or ripped it from an audio cd.

If even the audio cds play with an-almost-nulled 16KHz band, it means that the song was meant that way.

Thanks in advance.
Fri 04/03/05 at 03:17
Regular
"Always the winner?"
Taylor2005 wrote:
> I havent noted that. I ripped it from a cd and am using media player
> 10.

WMP has some unusual visualizations. Can you please check it out on winamp, or any other utility? er, you have winamp installed, right?

I checked on WMP8; the last four bars in any of the "bars & columns" visualization rise only to half the height of the other bars.
Thu 03/03/05 at 19:01
I havent notest that. I ripped it from a cd and am using media player 10.
Thu 03/03/05 at 02:40
Regular
"Always the winner?"
No, not much required. It is just that whenever I play this song (by Green Day) in winamp; I see in the small "bar visualization" that the 16 KHz band (the bar on the extreme right when you are looking at the screen) does not move much. This mostly happens when the audio file has been encoded in through several generations; more so when MP3 was not properly ripped.

Can anyone, who has this song, please play it in winamp or anyother player and reply here about the curious 16KHz band please. I know it doesn't matter much; but I'll appreciate a reply anyways.

Do mention whether you've downloaded the mp3 or ripped it from an audio cd.

If even the audio cds play with an-almost-nulled 16KHz band, it means that the song was meant that way.

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.