GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kicking racism out of football"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/03/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=259338&cpid=219&CLID=&lid=10&title=Fury+at+Aragones+fine&channel=Spain[/URL]

Nice to see the Spanish FA leading the way on that campaign, fining the guy less than some footballers get for missing training.
Thu 03/03/05 at 01:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"Out of context"

Sure.
Wed 02/03/05 at 20:08
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Spain coach Luis Aragones is furious after being fined by The Spanish Football Federation for his comments about Thierry Henry.

"I am not guilty, nor do I accept being judged for actions against the image of the sport," he said.
-----------------

Aragones showing once again why he is so popular.
Wed 02/03/05 at 17:18
Regular
Anyone seen the advert for the campaign? It's pretty funny.

It's Henry, Ronaldinho and Rio Ferdinand for 99% of it. Van Nistelrooy, completely randomly, flickers on the screen for about half a second at the end to say one word.
Wed 02/03/05 at 17:09
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Cycloon wrote:
> The Spanish empire was mainly in the Americas..........not Africa like
> France and Britain.....hence the history of 'black imports', for lack
> of a better term. Spain was also under Moorish rule for a bit....but
> that was ages ago.
>
> OR
>
> It's just that some Spanish are racist, not all of them (obviusly).
>
> That's a very light punishment.......

''ALL SPANISH ARE RACIST'' Thats not me saying it, but the headline of a leading newpaper. I did agree though after they mocked the England team during the match with Portugal.
Wed 02/03/05 at 16:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Spanish empire was mainly in the Americas..........not Africa like France and Britain.....hence the history of 'black imports', for lack of a better term. Spain was also under Moorish rule for a bit....but that was ages ago.

OR

It's just that some Spanish are racist, not all of them (obviusly).

That's a very light punishment.......
Wed 02/03/05 at 16:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Cong Man wrote:
> But then when I got to thinking about it, when was the last time you
> saw a balck Spanish international player? I can't think of one...

Catanha, who played for Celta Vigo, was in the Spain team for a while back in around 2000.

He's definitely an exception, though, as he's the only player that springs to mind.
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oi Uriah!! Pack your bags we're sending you on an all expenses paid trip to Spain
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:41
Regular
no black refs either.

This quote from eto'o made me laugh.

"What? A referee here like the black referees in England? If one arrived here, then they would kill him"

[URL]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=325064&cc=5739[/URL]
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:34
Regular
"..."
The funny thing is, I never really associated Spain with being a 'racist country' if you will, until all the monkey gestures at the English players and the already mentioned coments by the Spain boss. But then when I got to thinking about it, when was the last time you saw a balck Spanish international player? I can't think of one...

Also, compared to the French, English and German leagues, they seem to have much fewer 'black' imports.
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:31
Regular
Thats a complete joke.

The England manager would have got the sack straight away after those sort of comments. Just look at what Hoddle got the sack for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.