GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man On Fire"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/03/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
...Just bought it yesterday and didn't expect much from it, the only promising thing about it was that Tony Scott directed it and that hopefully Christopher Walken was playing some sort of lunatic as he does so well. But I was surprised at how good a film it was, for anyone who hasn't seen its basically Denzel playing a ex Special-Ops agent turned drunken bodyguard gets hired to protect Dakota Fanning then it turns ugly when she gets kidnapped and Denzel seeks revenge...The whole film is fast paced but has a good plot and isnt a convention blow everthing up blockbuster, few twists and turns, nothing you can't have forseen.

This has to be one of the best films I've seen so far this year which doesn't say much as I only went to see Meet The Fockers so far this year, but for anyone who hasn't see this...Go rent or buy it now
Wed 02/03/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Overall I much prefer the book to the film (ooh, don't I sound snobbish) though I thought the film was pretty good.
The film did mirror the book fairly accurately, particularly with the relationship between Creasy and Pinta, though I was quite disappointed by Christopher Walken’s character, which is much better in the book (he’s Creasy’s soul mate Guido, an Italian who met Creasy in the Foreign Legion and fought alongside him in many wars and who retired to Italy to open a restaurant/café).

There’s also a large chunk of story in the book where, after the kidnapping and Creasy is shot up, he heads back to his home in Gozo near Malta. There he recuperates and trains himself back to full fitness, both physically and mentally, for his revenge mission, and even helps Guido’s father-in-law build a wall. It’s a slow section in terms of action (the calm before the storm so to speak), but it’s a good section of character development, though I guess we wouldn’t have wanted an already long film even longer.

The final showdown against the top mafia don and his henchmen in a heavily guarded mansion is also sadly lacking from the movie (as it’s set in Mexico instead of Italy).

There are also a few other good books with the same Creasy character; The Perfect Kill sees him joining forces with a US senator and he trains an orphan boy to get revenge on the terrorists who destroyed the Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie. The Blue Ring has Creasy going after a mysterious white slave ring in Europe, Black Horn has Creasy investigating the link between the murder of a young American woman at the Zambezi River and a dead Hong Kong family, and Message From Hell has Creasy going back to Vietnam to search for a dead comrade who may just be still alive, but he gets caught in a game of cat and mouse with a vicious Khmer Rouge officer looking for revenge on Creasy.
A new novel, Priests of a Dead God is also due out sometime this year, nearly 10 years after the last one.

All are good reads, but are fairly rare to get hold of. I was lucky enough to buy all mine fairly cheap of Amazon Marketplace, but the same ones on there are now being sold from between £100-£200!
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:41
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
In fairness to 'em, I don't really blame them for not killing her off; an American Brat who one DOESN'T want to be horribly killed within seconds of her screen appearence is a rare thing, and one to be cherished.

Plus she acted all bar Washington and Walken off the screen...
Wed 02/03/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
****SPOILER WARNING****

I thought "wow, they killed the girl, that's hardcore" and was impressed that a major Hollywood film would let that happen, gave it a real edge.
But noooooooo, of course they didn't.
Wed 02/03/05 at 11:04
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I also advise buying the book it's based on, a fantastic read.
Wed 02/03/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
...Just bought it yesterday and didn't expect much from it, the only promising thing about it was that Tony Scott directed it and that hopefully Christopher Walken was playing some sort of lunatic as he does so well. But I was surprised at how good a film it was, for anyone who hasn't seen its basically Denzel playing a ex Special-Ops agent turned drunken bodyguard gets hired to protect Dakota Fanning then it turns ugly when she gets kidnapped and Denzel seeks revenge...The whole film is fast paced but has a good plot and isnt a convention blow everthing up blockbuster, few twists and turns, nothing you can't have forseen.

This has to be one of the best films I've seen so far this year which doesn't say much as I only went to see Meet The Fockers so far this year, but for anyone who hasn't see this...Go rent or buy it now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.