GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CS Source"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Sat 20/11/04 at 14:43
Regular
Yes, I realise some of you have been playing it for moons. But meh.

Aye, I think it's great. Was a sort-of fan of the first, but this is quite great.
The ragdoll physics add so much to it - and it's particularly wonderful when someone gets nailed by the explosion of the bomb.

I like it.
Mon 22/11/04 at 11:53
Regular
"serenity now!"
Some guys I was playing with last night were accusing the other side of cheating but I think they were only joking.

I wouldn't really know if they were though - being a n00b a headshot out of nowhere is not an uncommon thing for me.
Mon 22/11/04 at 11:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
stance_may_vary wrote:
> Shame the friends thing doesn't really work though.

I noticed this too. I've never seen anyone with an "online" status, and I've added all the SR monkeys that have posted their usernames to the list. ;)

Love the game though. I take it the cheating issues that plagued the original are gone? I've never got a headshot from a guy using a single pistol when I'm no more than a speck yet....
Mon 22/11/04 at 11:35
Regular
"serenity now!"
Never really played any online games but this is awesome - spent all weekend playing it, Half-Life 2 has had to wait.

de_dust owns, but all the maps are pretty good.

Lots of people - get an smg, find the biggest conflict areas and rack up kills.

Few people - grab a sniper, hunt down your enemy.

I love the way it's a completely different game depending on how many people there are. Shame the friends thing doesn't really work though.
Mon 22/11/04 at 11:31
Regular
Creepy wrote:
> Much lag?

You can refine the searches so you can find pings under 100 which are highly playable. I usually get pings of around 30-40 on average for the servers I join.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The netcode's not brilliant.
Sun 21/11/04 at 20:59
Regular
Much lag?
Sun 21/11/04 at 13:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Still not my favourite, and still prone to the same problems that made me dislike the game the first time around, but now there's been a sudden rise in newbie players, which finally means I can get a decent score. Graphics and Physics are also, excellent.
Sat 20/11/04 at 19:21
Regular
Yeah, my favourite online game quite simply ever.

Love it.
Sat 20/11/04 at 18:27
Regular
"\\"
I spent a good amount of time on it today. I'm still crap at the whole trying to kill people thing. But I'm good with strategy and getting behind enemies :D
Sat 20/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Just spent 4 hours on it. marvelous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.