GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Animation!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/06 at 10:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
(also in general chat, but it`s creative so i thought i`d put it in here as well, just incase it`s not exclusively for writing :) )

for anyone that`s interested, my latest animation is available to view/download from www.secondarymotion.co.uk

"Asimov" is a collaboration between myself and Tim Wright, who produced the music for such classic games as Lemmings, WipeOut, Shadow of the Beast and a host of other titles past and present!

if you have a look, hope you enjoy it!
and if you fancy throwing a link to it on another site/forum/etc, then go ahead, let the shameless shilling begin! :D
Sun 03/12/06 at 16:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
you`d be surprised. i`m one of the least patient people you`re ever likely to meet, but for me every step has a point. The rigging (the behind the scenes stuff that makes the characters move) can get very complicated and frustrating, but every bit of extra effort i do in setting characters up means i get more out of the actual animating process (which is the bit i most enjoy) as the characters are easier to work with. For example, in that animation, i rigged the wheel on the girl robot to rotate relative to the movement of her body, so a bit of extra time in rigging meant that i didn`t really have to worry about the wheel while i was animating, it was all set up to rotate automatically when i moved the character.

then again, i thrive on getting results so patience becomes secondary to succeeding and getting what i want out of the software and the project... which explains why i`d often look at the clock and it`d say 4am :D
Sun 03/12/06 at 12:41
Regular
"Author of Pain"
That was seriously cool. Animation takes more patience than I could dream of mustering.
Sun 03/12/06 at 11:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
thanks! glad you liked it :D

not toworry about the gad, even if i COULD win one, i wouldn`t have time to play it, this stuff takes an age to produce ;)
Fri 01/12/06 at 15:03
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Very impressive! I'm rather jealous of that animation, I used to dabble in 3D animation like that at college, but never had the patience or skills to create anything as good as that! Shame I can't award a GAD for animations :P
Fri 01/12/06 at 10:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
(also in general chat, but it`s creative so i thought i`d put it in here as well, just incase it`s not exclusively for writing :) )

for anyone that`s interested, my latest animation is available to view/download from www.secondarymotion.co.uk

"Asimov" is a collaboration between myself and Tim Wright, who produced the music for such classic games as Lemmings, WipeOut, Shadow of the Beast and a host of other titles past and present!

if you have a look, hope you enjoy it!
and if you fancy throwing a link to it on another site/forum/etc, then go ahead, let the shameless shilling begin! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.