GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retrieving deleted programmes."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 20:42
Regular
Yes it's time for my monthly question.

I've been really stupid and deleted the games that come with Windows (XP), I was wondering if there is anyway of retrieving them when removed from the recycle bin? Or a site that I can re-download them from? Any help would be brilliant, cheers.
Tue 01/03/05 at 18:49
Regular
Right, i've got a friend to send the games to me via MSN. Some work fine, but others don't open it's telling me to reinstall them using Add/Remove programmes, how do I do this?
Mon 28/02/05 at 22:04
Regular
Go into Add/Remove programs then Add/Remove Windows components then Accessories and tick games. You may not need the disc, I know I don't when I want to add and remove via that way.
Mon 28/02/05 at 21:36
Regular
The folder Games can still be found under Accessories, the thing is when I highlight the folder a box at the side indicates empty. The games can also be found in Add\Remove programmes, I've tried to install them but the only option it seems to offer is delete.

Also when I try to open the folder is says that the file is at a location that is unavailable, and then it goes on to say that it could be on the hard drive of the computer or a network.

Any help would be great.
Mon 28/02/05 at 21:00
Regular
I didn't get a disc, it was already on the computer when I bought it..
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:56
Regular
"Bicycle"
Re-install them from either Add / Remove Windows Applications or your Windows XP disc.
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:42
Regular
Yes it's time for my monthly question.

I've been really stupid and deleted the games that come with Windows (XP), I was wondering if there is anyway of retrieving them when removed from the recycle bin? Or a site that I can re-download them from? Any help would be brilliant, cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.