GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is it ok to push close disk drives"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/02/05 at 18:53
Regular
"object"
some poeple push close their disk drives which i think ruins them but i am not sure if this is true, to be on the safe side i always use the button.
Fri 04/03/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Digging!"
My DVD and CD-RW drives are about 5 years old now, I have always pushed them closed, and they still going strong, so I would assume it does nothing bad to your drives. Just as a not, If they ever get jammed shut just unbend a paper clip so it's straight and push it in the small hole on the front of your drive, try it now if you want.
Thu 03/03/05 at 23:32
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I push mine sometimes, or use the button. Depends what kinda mood im in :o)
Tue 01/03/05 at 07:26
Regular
Because not everyone is a Neanderthal and wouldn't resort to 'bashing' a drive shut.

A simple light push wouldn't hurt it as the auto close kicks in anyway. You don't have to push it all the way in, just enough so the auto feed pulls it back in.
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:43
Regular
Using the button is slower but much better for it...why have an electronically operated thing (designed to make your life easier) then decide to smash it shut?
Sat 26/02/05 at 18:11
Regular
I push in the drawer a lot of the, but mainly because my tower`s on the floor (on wood) and when the drawers open it`s hard to reach the button my drives haven`t been harmed....yet
Sat 26/02/05 at 00:03
Regular
"Bicycle"
It doesn't ruin them as such, but it can lead to jamming problems. That's what the buttons there for, after all... We don't pull them open, do we?
Fri 25/02/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I'd recommend the button as well, although I don't know. I know pushing closed your PS2 disc tray screws up the mechanism after a while, so I would reckon the same principle applies to the PC.
Fri 25/02/05 at 18:53
Regular
"object"
some poeple push close their disk drives which i think ruins them but i am not sure if this is true, to be on the safe side i always use the button.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.