GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The DaVinci Code"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 23:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
1. What the hell is the fuss about?
2. Clive Cussler does this better. Cos he has more guns
3. Again, why is this so popular?!
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
CDouch wrote:
> Each one thinking they were slightly more clever
> and in the know than the average person, but really, they're just
> sheep.

*Shrug* I read it last year while looking for airplane mind fodder. Fast moving but utterly preposterous, full of incorrect "facts", ludecrous plot twists and extraordinarily badly written. Exactly what I was looking for.

I have also went through Mrs Pandaemoniums "Angels and Demons" (made me laugh out loud at points due to the stupidity of it) and "Digital Fortress" which is slightly more ridiculous than the average 24 season.

In short. Dan Brown follows the simplest rules of a thriller, but has twist after twist, clifhanger after clifhanger, appalling writing technique, but fills the void when you have been travelling for nearly 36 hours (like me now) due to cancellations and delays. It's sub par action movie literature with highbrow asperations. Nothing more, nothing less.

:D

[edit] Oh, and I flew through and enjoyed every one of them.
Sun 27/02/05 at 02:05
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I read it before all the hype began. It's a clever and fast paced novel which I really enjoyed, despite the ending lagging a bit. The previous novel, Angels and Demons, is far superior.
Sat 26/02/05 at 16:13
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I haven't read it yet, well actually I don't plan to. My dad read it and left it 3/4 through. He got bored :)
Fri 25/02/05 at 12:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's no dbout interesting - and it's got lots of nice historical/theological bits, but aside from the usual 'it's uber popular so I hate it' crap that could be applied, it really isn't that special. At all.

Like I said Clive Cussler is better. Cos it mixes all that weird stuff with James Bond. Perfect.
Fri 25/02/05 at 10:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I don't know. But while working at WHSmith I had many, many people coming to buy it. Each one thinking they were slightly more clever and in the know than the average person, but really, they're just sheep.
Thu 24/02/05 at 23:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
1. What the hell is the fuss about?
2. Clive Cussler does this better. Cos he has more guns
3. Again, why is this so popular?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.