GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw Uncut"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 19:54
Regular
"lets go back"
So does anyone know what extra bits are in it? All I can find is that Its "uncut" but it doesnt say whats added. Or have I been fooled by a clever marketing ploy?
Sat 26/02/05 at 16:09
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Oooh Ok
Sat 26/02/05 at 01:25
Regular
Green Ferocity wrote:
> The marketers lie out their asses. Dont be
> fooled!
>
> Example: Cannibal holocaust-fully uncut in the UK for the first time
> ever!!!!
>
> Reality: It's cut by 11 minutes.
>
> Was that a lie distributers?

It's only the Horror distributors Vipco that have ever tried that little trick. They used to take an already cut print of a film that was edited by another regions ratings board, then submit it to the BBFC who give it no cuts and release the film with "FULL UNCUT VERSION!!!" on the front.

They don't tend to do it anymore but they have no qualms releasing films that are barely watchable because of the cuts, where as other distributors wouldn't bother.

Don't touch Vipco DVD's or Videos and you'll be fine.
Fri 25/02/05 at 21:47
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I wouldn't know I haven't seen it yet ;)
Fri 25/02/05 at 20:27
Regular
"lets go back"
It came today but I havent watched it yet. If it turns out to be the same as the theatrical release and the "uncut" tag is a marketing ploy then its not that bad. The film was disgusting enough as it was anyway.
Fri 25/02/05 at 18:39
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I think I'll buy the r3 version of saw when I get round to it. Its 10 squid on cdwow. If their is an uncut version of the film that will be it. Anyway, you surely know that uncut on uk dvds mean that in reality they are cut. The marketers lie out their asses. Dont be fooled!

Example: Cannibal holocaust-fully uncut in the UK for the first time ever!!!!

Reality: It's cut by 11 minutes.

Was that a lie distributers?
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
Thanks, scout.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:51
Regular
"lets go back"
I probably wont even notice any differences, but if I do I'll let you know.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
No idea mate sorry.

Just ordered 'Harold and Kumar' on import. Looks like a good stoner comedy.

As for Saw I just bought the regular edition, let me know what I'm missing out on :-)
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:44
Regular
"lets go back"
£14.99 from play.

I was wondering if anyonw knew what it meant by "uncut version of the main feature" i.e. hom many mins of footage and what the footage is. But thanks for trying anyway.

I'll just have to wait till it arrives in the post I guess.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
* Uncut version of the main feature
* 'Bite The Hand That Bleeds' music video from Fear Factory
* Unrated version of the music video
* 'Sawed Off' featurette

According to Play.com

How much did you pay for it by the way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.