GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BIG PROBLEM, PLEASE HELPPPPP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/02/05 at 18:22
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i just ran some optimizers on the old pc, but when it rebooted, it froze, completly....... anyway, i restarted using the restart button on the case seem to normaly until it said a message. it was still in dos. it said you missing a file bla bla bla i remember the file name ended or included config or something near that. i tried to run a windows repair from the bootup, but i don't know how. i put the cd in, booted from disk, pressed r. then it says would you like to log onto windows, (all this still in dos mode) so i type 1, as it says above which one do you want to log into, it then asks for password...i don't know what the password is but i don't there was one, so i left it blank, i think it takes it in but then it just say C:\windows, that am i meant to put after that to get it to run a repair? i can't get onto windows to do a repair, at the moment i'm on a laptop which is not the main pc, the main one is the one in trouble.
could i play get some assistance soon?
Mon 21/02/05 at 20:45
Regular
As Nimco said, you're loading up the repair console.

To repair your version of Windows in a somewhat more user-friendly way, boot from the CD as you did before but ignore the first prompt to repair the installation and instead continue as if you were installing Windows fresh (I think you just hit Enter).

Anyway, agree to the license agreement and you'll be presented with another screen which should include several options as well as a list of your hard drive partitions and Windows installations (if my memory serves me well). One of the options will be to repair an existing installation - select this, and it should run through the process smoothly.
Mon 21/02/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
At C:Windows\ type fixmbr .

Give it a go.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:43
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i don't know what else there is to try
bloomin computer, i hope i don't have to do it all again, it will be about the millionth time this year i have had to do it, (i say millionth, i really mean about 4th) but thats still a lot, and it was, i hate to say it, but it was working, PERFECTLY. so if anybody has some last ditch advise, please speak up..
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:21
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i had done it before, with no effect on the pc. it's called advanced system optimizer or something like that, also i did norton system works windoctor. these should have fixed anything, not broke it, but there we go. anyway.
how do i do a repair.
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:42
Regular
"NULL"
That's the Repair Console. Sounds like one of the "optimisers" deleted something it shouldn't have or something like that. What were these "optimisers" ?
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Pwned"
Paul, you will obviously need to get in touch with Microsoft.
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:24
Regular
"Optimizers"?
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:22
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i just ran some optimizers on the old pc, but when it rebooted, it froze, completly....... anyway, i restarted using the restart button on the case seem to normaly until it said a message. it was still in dos. it said you missing a file bla bla bla i remember the file name ended or included config or something near that. i tried to run a windows repair from the bootup, but i don't know how. i put the cd in, booted from disk, pressed r. then it says would you like to log onto windows, (all this still in dos mode) so i type 1, as it says above which one do you want to log into, it then asks for password...i don't know what the password is but i don't there was one, so i left it blank, i think it takes it in but then it just say C:\windows, that am i meant to put after that to get it to run a repair? i can't get onto windows to do a repair, at the moment i'm on a laptop which is not the main pc, the main one is the one in trouble.
could i play get some assistance soon?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.