GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSM2 vs PSW"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/05/01 at 17:18
Regular
PSM2 magazine has great in depth reviews of the games and nice screenshots in the magazine but the dvd is filled with small video clips of games organized in one menu.they've put the price up to
£3.99

PSW has a good magazine but not as great as PSM2.
The DVD is outstanding with better picture and sound quality then PSM2 with brilliant reviews and previews of games with optional commantary, film trailers and extras.The menu is great but the thing i love best is the show reel which links everything into a show.
The games round up has a short review of nearly all games and includes cheats for all games.and only
£2.99

which do you like best?
Sun 20/05/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yes but at £4.99 for it, you dont get that many good playable demos. The PSW DVD is very good. This month it has an excellent GT3 video, well 3 in fact. GT3 looks amazing, Smoky mountain looks great. Also Devil May Cry looks as if its going to be one of the best games this year. In fact I would go as far as saying that for me it could be even better than MGS2. I had seen Devil May Cry a few months ago from some downloaded videos from the net, but these were low quality videos. The DVD shows amazing footage, anyone who hasnt got it, go out and buy the mag now. Also Silent Hill 2 is looking good too. Some great games coming out late this year.

Playing a demo is good but they only have 1 or 2 demos. What I want to watch are games that are coming out in 6 months time e.t.c. If there is a game I want I will buy it with out playing on it. Also watching the game in action is nearly as good as playing it.
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:37
Regular
i like OPSM2 which actually lets you play demos not just watch them
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:26
Regular
This months DVD works fine on my stand alone player.
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:25
Regular
Yes, I have had problems woth this months disc from PSM2. it continually crashes when trying to load any of the previews and the menus are slow. When you do get features to run they seem to stick at some points. I have returned it to the company.

Despite this is still think PSM2 is the best mag for reviews and previews.
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:19
Regular
I`ve only tried my PSM2 discs on my PS2, however I might try and see if they work on my Dad`s PC. It seems strange that it didn`t work on your player though.
Sun 20/05/01 at 18:12
"High polygon count"
Comparing the mags, PSM2 is my favourite. However, PSW has by far the best DVD.

Has anyone else had trouble with the PSM2 DVDs? Two issues ago, their disc wouldn't operate at all in either of the dedicated players in my house, one of which is an entry-level Sony, and the other is a high-end Sony model. However, the disc played fine in my PS2.

This months disc works, but none of the menus play properly; they run for about a second, and then restart, which prevents you from navigating down the menu. The only way to access things is to count down to the item you want to view, then *very* quickly press the appropriate number, followed by play. Again, this disc works fine on my PS2.

In case you're wondering why I don't just watch the discs on my PS2... it's connected via RGB SCART, and therefore plays back in glorious green... :-)
Sun 20/05/01 at 17:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
This months PSW cost me £3.49 - I thought they said they would never put the price up!!

Out of the magazines I prefer PSM2 - They are reliable and honest with their reviews. They have a lot more space for every game they feature and have some great games covered. They always seem to be first with the news aswell which is sometimes even before the official PS2 mag is even out!!

But as for the free DVD preview disc, I would say PSW. Much better quality, now with commentary and the picture seems to be a lot clearer. Also they feature more games than the PSM2 one does and each trailor/preview seems to last a lot longer!!
Sun 20/05/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Back For Good"
PSM2 magazine has great in depth reviews of the games and nice screenshots in the magazine but the dvd is filled with small video clips of games organized in one menu.they've put the price up to
£3.99

PSW has a good magazine but not as great as PSM2.
The DVD is outstanding with better picture and sound quality then PSM2 with brilliant reviews and previews of games with optional commantary, film trailers and extras.The menu is great but the thing i love best is the show reel which links everything into a show.
The games round up has a short review of nearly all games and includes cheats for all games.and only
£2.99

which do you like best?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.