GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Console will you choose?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/05/01 at 15:18
Regular
There are many great consoles out there already but new ones are coming out soon.

there is already PS2 and X-box and gamecube will hopefully come out in the UK at around early spring 2002.

In the handheld section there is game boy advance and wonderswan color.

The big Question is Which one do you go for?

X-box does not look like it comes from the future but it is very powerful and can display amazing graphics but any game on x-box can very easily get converted to the PC and also it very bulky and is a new comer to the console market so I am not going with Microsoft.
The only game that im intrested in on X-box is WWF Raw is War as I am a HUGE WWF fan.(my favourite is Kane)

When I first heard about PS2 I started to save up for one but my friend has got one and I am not very impressed with it as it has got huge loading times and is big . I know it is Backwards compatible but why dont you get a console where you can play different games. Also Sony did not even make a new controller, they just made it black and called is Duel Shock 2. If you play DVD's using there scart lead the picture goes all green. (I'm sorry to all those PS2 fans out there but I am just saying what I think.)

Now for Nintendo GameCube. All your favourite characters are back including Mario, Luigi, Link, pikachu (oh no) and a Metroid and wave race and super smash brothers games aswell are all coming to gamecube.
GameCube can display some amazing pictures and comes in different colours so it will alwsys match your room. The controller looks a bit weired but should be perfect for all games. Nintendo have got a lot more 3rd party developers with gamecube than N64 and uses dinky dvds to prevent pirate games . I am now saving up for a Game Cube .

I dont really Know much about the Wanderswan Color but it is more powerful than GBA and in an Edge mag i saw it connected to a laptop and a PS2. I dont know if it is going to be released in the UK or not.

The other console i want is the GBA I have played one in a shop and it is great. The link-up with game cube is great too. I am getting a GBA for my birthday which is soon and the games I want most are Mario Advance and Mario Kart Advance.

So I am going With Nintendo and am getting a Game Cube and a GBA and i hpoe Nintendo do better in this Console war than before as I am a Nintendo fan which you may of guessed from this but which console do you want?

Sun 20/05/01 at 15:18
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
There are many great consoles out there already but new ones are coming out soon.

there is already PS2 and X-box and gamecube will hopefully come out in the UK at around early spring 2002.

In the handheld section there is game boy advance and wonderswan color.

The big Question is Which one do you go for?

X-box does not look like it comes from the future but it is very powerful and can display amazing graphics but any game on x-box can very easily get converted to the PC and also it very bulky and is a new comer to the console market so I am not going with Microsoft.
The only game that im intrested in on X-box is WWF Raw is War as I am a HUGE WWF fan.(my favourite is Kane)

When I first heard about PS2 I started to save up for one but my friend has got one and I am not very impressed with it as it has got huge loading times and is big . I know it is Backwards compatible but why dont you get a console where you can play different games. Also Sony did not even make a new controller, they just made it black and called is Duel Shock 2. If you play DVD's using there scart lead the picture goes all green. (I'm sorry to all those PS2 fans out there but I am just saying what I think.)

Now for Nintendo GameCube. All your favourite characters are back including Mario, Luigi, Link, pikachu (oh no) and a Metroid and wave race and super smash brothers games aswell are all coming to gamecube.
GameCube can display some amazing pictures and comes in different colours so it will alwsys match your room. The controller looks a bit weired but should be perfect for all games. Nintendo have got a lot more 3rd party developers with gamecube than N64 and uses dinky dvds to prevent pirate games . I am now saving up for a Game Cube .

I dont really Know much about the Wanderswan Color but it is more powerful than GBA and in an Edge mag i saw it connected to a laptop and a PS2. I dont know if it is going to be released in the UK or not.

The other console i want is the GBA I have played one in a shop and it is great. The link-up with game cube is great too. I am getting a GBA for my birthday which is soon and the games I want most are Mario Advance and Mario Kart Advance.

So I am going With Nintendo and am getting a Game Cube and a GBA and i hpoe Nintendo do better in this Console war than before as I am a Nintendo fan which you may of guessed from this but which console do you want?

Sun 20/05/01 at 15:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Methinkest this is a GAD attempt.

Oh, and about the PS2 controller: Why improve on perfection?
Sun 20/05/01 at 15:27
Regular
Cheatguru, is that you?
Sun 20/05/01 at 15:45
The Duel Shock 2 is actually an improvement on the Duel Shock 1, I think the buttons are pressure sensitive which could be handy for a fighting game and the like.

Personally I believe its a good thing that the controller didnt change, after all who wants to shell out for new controllers when youve paid £300 for a new console.

The X-box is the Big Question, with Nintendo we know what were getting...a games machine...the X-box may turn out to be the first console that can actually be turned into a PC, in which case it may sell well. Well have to wait and see.

Ild get a Gamecube, unless ofcourse the X-box can be turned into a PC, or can play PC games.
Sun 20/05/01 at 15:57
Regular
"Back in black"
Well the gamecube of course - seys the biast nintendo fan, and the game boy advance will also be in use!!
Sun 20/05/01 at 16:00
Im interested in the X-Box, as my friend recently told me that Microsoft have bought the rights to making a 'The Matrix' game (yes that aging movie with Neo and co.).

The matrix is one of my favourite films, and the game is just going to be quality, that is, if its done right. Imagine Oni, only better...
Sun 20/05/01 at 16:03
turbonutter wrote:
> Methinkest this is a GAD attempt.

Oh, and about the PS2
> controller: Why improve on perfection?

Perfection? Hmmm, maube, and it's not a very good post sorry! Shouldn't win anything! BUT I doubt he was trying to win, so it doesn't matter!!
Sun 20/05/01 at 16:11
What is this "Wanderswan Color", tell us more...who makes it???
Sun 20/05/01 at 16:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
In reply to the original topic, I will base my chioce of console solely on the quality of the handle it has built in to it.
Wed 23/05/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
firstly WRONG,the ps2 controller is very different,every button can tell how hard you are pressing by 256 levels of pressure instead of just a button and a force feedback controller is rumored to be in the making.

I owned the playstation 1 and am continuing with sony's PS2 because of the games lineup,backwards compatibility,DVD player,digital out and the fact that Sony know exactly what their doing, so they've got my vote.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.