GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vending Machines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/05 at 14:54
Regular
"..."
Just came on lunch, felt thirsty, so decided to get a can of pop from a nearby vending machine.

55p for a can of Pepsi Max? That's pretty bad, but I'm a captive audience, so i live with it. Put two 20ps in, then a 10p, then a 5p, the 5p comes back out, rejected. Hmm, annoying, I put the samer 5p back in and it rejects it again. Very annoying. I try it one last time and it accepts.

Why on earth do vending machines do that? It was exactly the same coin, so why on earth didn't it accept it first time around?
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
you should know that the bints in the atrium add money on. Tsk.. You will learn
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:26
Regular
"..."
Lucy Jane wrote:
> Cong.. All the vending machines used to be different prices.. And my
> side of the site was the cheapest.

Not sure why I'm replying in here when you're sat right next to me playing Neopets...but anyway, I bought a can from the canteen this morning, as the vending machines don't do Dr. Pepper, and they were 57p in there. I'll stick to the vending machine in future.
Fri 18/02/05 at 10:06
Regular
"the burning sky"
We have a vending machine in each common room at our school. In the upper a bottle of coke costs 80p, in the lower it costs 70p. Everyone always buys the 80p stuff tho, dont ask me why.
Fri 18/02/05 at 09:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Clazon wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> In my local community centre a can of pepsi is 35p from the vending
> machine.
>
> Are you sure that isn't "Rola Cola" or something?

No no, its all the brand names. All the juice is delivered directly from Britvic so they get it at a good price.
Fri 18/02/05 at 00:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was very badly conned by a vending machine once. I put my 50p in expecting a can of Coke, real Coke that is. I was horrified when a can of cheap Panda Pops Coke rolled out of the machine. It wasn't even cold.
Thu 17/02/05 at 23:59
Regular
"The Red Shift"
cookie monster wrote:
> In my local community centre a can of pepsi is 35p from the vending
> machine.

Are you sure that isn't "Rola Cola" or something?
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Lucy Jane wrote:
> GP your showing your age now

You're right. It was about 10 years ago when cans were that price. I think it's better to buy cans in bulk now. I recently purchased a 12 pack for £3.49, which works out at 29p a can, roughly.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Pwned"
Stupid really, because if it was cheap, much more people would buy from vending machines, therefore the vending company would make more money anyway.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:15
In Venice there's this big square thing in front of this basilica thing.

Espressos there can cost ten euros. Those ones in tiny tiny cups.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Pwned"
Cong Man wrote:
> Niddle wrote:
> 55p?!?!?!?
>
> The worst bit of that, is if I bothered getting up earlier enough to
> go to the cornershop before getting the bus to work, I could get a
> 2ltr bottle for 99p. If I bought two cans from the vending machine
> I'd have 660ml, i.e 2/3 of 1ltr so I'd have spent 11p more and not
> even got half the volume of Pepsi. Bloody rip-off.

The vending machines at my school charge 80p for a can of coke/pepsi, so think yourself lucky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.