GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box has more power than Playstation 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/06/00 at 20:58
Regular
All of you who thinks that Playstation 2 is more powerfull than what X-box will be have wrong. Go and check "http://www.planetxbox.com/hardware/system/" then I think you will change your apprehension. I don't say that it will be more and better games on the X-box but it is more powerfull.
I will end my part in the fight of X-box vs PS2 here with the results: X-box are more powerfull than PS2 butt I'm sure that PS2 will have more games and mabye better too.
Mon 12/06/00 at 20:58
All of you who thinks that Playstation 2 is more powerfull than what X-box will be have wrong. Go and check "http://www.planetxbox.com/hardware/system/" then I think you will change your apprehension. I don't say that it will be more and better games on the X-box but it is more powerfull.
I will end my part in the fight of X-box vs PS2 here with the results: X-box are more powerfull than PS2 butt I'm sure that PS2 will have more games and mabye better too.
Mon 19/06/00 at 18:14
FunkyMonk wrote:
> All of you who thinks that Playstation 2 is more powerfull than
> what X-box will be have wrong. Go and check
> "http://www.planetxbox.com/hardware/system/" then I think you will
> change your apprehension. I don't say that it will be more and
> better games on the X-box but it is more powerfull.
> I will end my part in the fight of X-box vs PS2 here with the
> results: X-box are more powerfull than PS2 butt I'm sure that PS2
> will have more games and mabye better too.

Okay, so the 733MHz processor that it is now going to have makes it twice as powerful than the Playstation 2, but this doesn't make it the best. It's the quality of the games that counts. At the moment, no playable or even glimpses of games have appeared to show off, just the demos to show the power. But the Playstation 2 doesn't have much to show either, with only a couple of launch games looking remotely interesting. Most of the launch games are just revamps of old playsation games.
Just remember, it's not the power that brings the success, its the good games.
Fri 15/12/00 at 01:47
Regular
I dont know why everyone is so determined to put the xbox down as a consle just because its got the power of a pc doesnt mean it sucks. And about the games I think all the hit names in PC like Blizzard and Activision and so on.. And for the power of it just look and compare specs not just MHZ but every single thing shows the xbox to be far superior to anything but who knows for sure so just wait and see.
Sat 23/12/00 at 18:17
no poo shirlock,
avalon-by the way microsoft will wrack the gaming world and ... well you no wot it did 2 netscape.
Tue 02/01/01 at 19:26
Regular
Gooner wrote:
> FunkyMonk wrote:
> > All of you who thinks that Playstation 2 is more powerfull
> than
> > what X-box will be have wrong. Go and check
> > "http://www.planetxbox.com/hardware/system/" then I
> think you will
> > change your apprehension. I don't say that it will be more and
> > better games on the X-box but it is more powerfull.
> > I will end my part in the fight of X-box vs PS2 here with the
> > results: X-box are more powerfull than PS2 butt I'm sure that
> PS2
> > will have more games and mabye better too.
>
> Okay, so the 733MHz processor that it is now going to have makes
> it twice as powerful than the Playstation 2, but this doesn't make
> it the best. It's the quality of the games that counts. At the
> moment, no playable or even glimpses of games have appeared to
> show off, just the demos to show the power. But the Playstation 2
> doesn't have much to show either, with only a couple of launch
> games looking remotely interesting. Most of the launch games are
> just revamps of old playsation games.
> Just remember, it's not the power that brings the success, its
> the good games.

thats a good point but we know that microsoft have brought out some companies and so they should be able to make good games for themselves until a lot of the console companies start, and anyway, a year before the ps2 was released you didnt see them showing a lot of playable demos
Tue 09/01/01 at 10:33
Regular
how much of that X-box power would generating physics and emotions chew up though ? the answer is pretty much all of it. PS2 shifts all those polygons aswell as generating physics and charachter emotions in real time.

Come in Microsoft, your time is up!
Tue 09/01/01 at 13:00
That is seriously unlikely we're talking fairly basic physics here not quantum mechanics. No matter how low your opinion of PC technology may be, I can assure you that it doesn't have any trouble with physics.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:54
Regular
who cares about which one is more powerful. If the xbox is more powerfull then it will be more powerfull
but it isnt coming out for another year by which time sony may have a foothold in the market
Tue 09/01/01 at 22:48
Regular
I hope everyone has heard about this:

Allard Talks Xbox Downgrade
Xbox boss J. Allard has spoken online about the recent change in specs for Microsoft's console. Over the past few days, three major changes in the Xbox specs have occurred. Specifically, they are:
·GPU dropping from 300 mhz to 250 mhz
·Polygon performance falling from 300 M/sec to 125 M/sec
·DVD movie playback only possible with remote control.

In response to these changes, J. Allard told IGN Xbox, "It's more of a spec refinement, not a change."

I'm not saying the X-box won't be powerful, but I think it's disgusting that Microsoft lied about their specs so that people wouldn't buy the PS2 because they are waiting for X-box. If that wasn't the motive, then why did Microsoft wait until they unveiled a working X-Box before telling people of the downgrade? They must have known ages ago that they weren't going to use the origional specs, because they would have had to do a lot to re-engineering to make it work with the new specs.

I'm sick of Microsoft doing whatever they want. I can't wait to hear when the first "service pack" comes out on X-box. In no other industry can you get away with what Microsoft does. If I sold you a car and it stopped work 5 times a day and needed to be taken back to the workshop to have upgrades installed every month or two, you'd get very upset and want a refund, so then why can Microsoft get away with doing it with every software title they make?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.