GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New NGC ..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/02/05 at 19:09
"period drama"
Well, I got it about 3 days ago. I suppose you're all just lazy feckers.

There's only 4 reviews (of GC games) - the main one being, of course, Resi 4 which gets 97% and 16 pages (15% of the magazine, 'tis a skinny issue.) And for some reason Leon steps in as 'guest editor' of the magazine.

Also, NBA Street V3 (with the Mario characters in it) gets 90%, and Mario Tennis 91%.

Nothing else of particular excitement - they still exclaim that Starfox will be teh 1337 despite growing evidence on the contrary. There's some award thingies, and a quite amusing EA snakes-and-ladders game, letters page gets upped to 4 pages. Plus other stuff.

Generally meh, and you get some amazing Resi 4 .... wait for it ... stickers!111 omfg!1 woo

yup
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:35
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Mario Power Tennis is apparantly fun when you turn off the three second movies. It's the only way the computer has an advantage.
Thu 17/02/05 at 11:47
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> So I never went for a colonic again.

Excellent finish to such a tale.
Thu 17/02/05 at 09:26
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Who got star letter?
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:30
Regular
Yeah I was a fan of the N64 game.

Maybe I'll get NBA Street V3 instead of it then.

Maybe.
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:14
Regular
Hmm - might be a budget purchase for me then, being a fan of the sublime N64 version.
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:10
"period drama"
Dringo wrote:
> Mav wrote:
>
> And I've heard lots of disappointing things about Mario Tennis - it
> certainly doesn't sound like a 91% game.
>
> Play it yourself and find out, I've heard a mixture of reports.

Most people's problems seem to be with the special moves, with are crap because they always trigger a cut-scene which cuts away from play, and they mean you can return a ball from anywhere on the court with no skill involved whatsoever - which is annoying if someone's just put an amazing shot past you.

You can turn them off, though. All all the complaints go away.
But you're left with a nicer-looking 64 version.
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:00
Regular
Oh I hear the multiplayer is top notch.
Wed 16/02/05 at 22:56
Regular
No different Routes? What the hell the multiple routes is what made Lylat Wars extra fun although I hope there is multiple ways to complete the levels and at least have a MUCH improved multiplayer mode.
Wed 16/02/05 at 22:52
Regular
Mav wrote:

> And I've heard lots of disappointing things about Mario Tennis - it
> certainly doesn't sound like a 91% game.

Play it yourself and find out, I've heard a mixture of reports.

And Lylat Wars had re-play value with different routes you can take, this one doesn't.
Wed 16/02/05 at 22:47
Regular
Lylat wars was short so I don't care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.