GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband Price Cuts & New 2 Mb Home Services"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/02/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
New Prices For Freeola Broadband Effective 1st March 2005

Price Cuts:

Freeola Broadband 512K Uncapped - £24.99 (-£2)
Freeola Broadband 1 Mb 10 GB Cap - £25.99 (-£1)
Freeola Broadband 1 Mb Uncapped - £29.99 (-£5)

New Products:

Freeola Broadband 2 Mb* 3 GB Cap - £26.99
Freeola Broadband 2 Mb* 10 GB Cap - £29.99
Freeola Broadband 2 Mb* Uncapped - £34.99
------------------------------------------

* This is a new 'HOME' grade service. Existing 2 Mb customers are on 'OFFICE' grade connections which are charged at a higher rate. However, it is possible to change tariffs for a nominal fee - see Your Freeola Settings for more details.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:11
Regular
Thats what a was trying to say and what a grand explanation so I could go up to 2 MB and would still see pages still load faster, I was thinking about the old days when I added RAM to my pc the first upgrade made a BIG differance but the second time I did it it was sort of well I know I have upgraded you but was it worth the investment? your not much faster! not a huge change this time sort of thing do you get my drift?

Nimco wrote:
>
> To this extent, it is possible, in
> theory, that the computer could be the bottleneck. However, in
> reality, it would require a fairly slow computer by modern standards,
> and a very fast internet connection, and a reasonably complex page.
>
> For general purpose browsing though, it's the connection speed which
> will limit it, and not the PC, though obviously the PC will cause a
> delay, just very small in comparison.
Thu 17/02/05 at 21:06
Regular
"NULL"
Depends on a few things. In simple terms, if you are just downloading a file, then you are limited pretty well by the speed of the write speed to the hard drive, and the speed of the connection - obviously the connection speed is nearly always the bottleneck - certainly for any consumer hardware.

In terms of web browsing though, the HTML code is parsed by the web browser on the client machine. To this extent, it is possible, in theory, that the computer could be the bottleneck. However, in reality, it would require a fairly slow computer by modern standards, and a very fast internet connection, and a reasonably complex page.

For general purpose browsing though, it's the connection speed which will limit it, and not the PC, though obviously the PC will cause a delay, just very small in comparison.
Thu 17/02/05 at 20:53
Regular
Ok this may or may not seem a cazy question? but am going to ask it anyway! because I do not care if am mocked :-) Is there a limit as to how much information your computer can take in at a time? i.e to clarify what am trying to say, on dial up we were waiting for pages to load up, now on Broadband 1mb they are loaded really quick (like changing channel on the telly) at what point would a PC struggle to take on all the info that say a 4mb connection would throw at it?

Kev
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Well of course, that's perfectly acceptable.

Bonnie wrote:
> Yes, I realised that - why do you think I'm chatting up the boss ;-)
Thu 17/02/05 at 14:25
Regular
Yes, I realised that - why do you think I'm chatting up the boss ;-)
Thu 17/02/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Bonnie,

Just clarification regarding tariff change charges - if you change cap levels it's free, but if you change speed, it is chargeable at £19.99 (a one-off cost that includes VAT).

Regards,
Danny
Thu 17/02/05 at 10:31
Regular
Thanks Danny - I look forward to April, when I think we should be flying through the web at 2mb (hopefully!) unless my bank balance (or the phone line) disagrees, in which case we'll just be cruising at the same speed as we are now :-)
Thu 17/02/05 at 10:19
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
The tariff change scripts do a basic check and stop some lines but the only real way to test is to put through the order. If it fails, you'll be put back to the old service at no cost to you.
Thu 17/02/05 at 10:15
Regular
If we wanted to change to the 2mb 10gb cap (as we don't do games/video/music etc..) how do we know if our line can take the 2mb speed - is there some way we can check before we make the decision?
Thu 17/02/05 at 09:43
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Bonnie,

You won't get it automatically but you can order the tariff change on 1/3 to take effect from 1/4 and the change is free.

Regards,
Danny

Bonnie wrote:
> So does this mean that our 1mb speed at 30gb cap for £29.99
> automatically becomes uncapped?
> We don't really use that much anyhow and would probably be better to
> change to the 2mb with 10gb cap... oh decisions..
>
> Oh and Thank you (Freeola) - its nice to see you keeping up with the
> competition :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.