GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which would be better to do (HL2 related)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 23/11/04 at 18:37
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
A.) Steam HL2.
or
B.) Buy the game from a shop and a DVD Rom aswell.
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Touched!"
I went for the Silver Steam Package. Mainly because it has more games and also with NTL updating their broadband speeds (2mb here I come) early next year even if I did have to format and download it again on 2mb it won't take as long as my current 750k connection. There is an option on steam to back it up anyway :)
Wed 24/11/04 at 07:04
Regular
The only reason I bought the DVD was because I wanted hard copy which undoubtedly installs quicker than my Broadband can download & install.

True, I had to wait longer to play it, but each to their own I guess.

If you're planning on getting the DVD, that's all you get. No manual, just a disc in a box with a quick-start control guide.

Oh, and you don't get Half Life:Source or DoD:Source either.
Tue 23/11/04 at 23:32
Clone your HD.
Tue 23/11/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmmm....

I get it free with Steam, but I wouldn't mind having the DVD, only so that I have a back-up for it.

Heeelp?
Tue 23/11/04 at 21:47
Regular
It has a nice box.
Tue 23/11/04 at 18:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It boils down to 2 things, will you get good use out of the DVD drive? Or would you get more enjoyment from adding the money you would have spent on the drive and game into getting the Silver package and enjoying a few more games?
Tue 23/11/04 at 18:37
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
A.) Steam HL2.
or
B.) Buy the game from a shop and a DVD Rom aswell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.