GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HL2 - how long to go"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
*Spoilers?*

Ok, I'm in Nova Prospekt after fighting the two gunships (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR......) and fighting the large Antlion. How long till the end of the game. Citadel is the last level (as I've juts read in a "rasing the bar" article) but how many levels to go?

No spoliers please.

Just read that the Hydra has been removed from the final game too. darn, was looking forward to seeing that....
Fri 26/11/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I thought Ravenholm was irritating, and I keep getting killed by turrets in Nova Prospekt :( like it though, as it's more interesting than many of the other levels, and I like some decent killing rather than just exploring. Enjoyed watching the CCTV picture of the Antlion guard killing loads of convent troops too.
Fri 26/11/04 at 17:26
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Most definitely. Ravenholm was good and it gets even better.
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just got past the bit at the church with that guy, past the graveyard now, have I got much to look forward to then? :D
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> I'm on Sandtraps.
>
> An excellent Tremors homage. :)

I loved the Sandtraps section, and the Alcatraz style prison bit. Sending off all those Antlion's to kill guards, flinging them off towers and acting as diversions for mounted turrets. Pity you can't use them for the rest of the game though.
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have to say, half the time it's great. The other half I can't see what people are on about.
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cycloon wrote:
> I'm on Sandtraps.

An excellent Tremors homage. :)
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tyla wrote:
> I'm about 1/2 through Nova too. The easiest way to find out how far
> you have to go is from the start go New Game, and it lists where you
> can start from. There's 15 chapters and NP is about #8 or #9 I think?

Ahhh, didn't think of starting a new game. It's not number one on my "must know" list, but I was just curious. The return to C17 I've seen videos of. Mmmmmmmmm.

I'm amazed that the game still manages to suprise me every time I'm feeling as if I'm getting a handle on it. In fact I'd say that the combat is the most satisfying I've played in a FPS full stop. MoH, CoD, FarCry etc, since the first Doom.
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm on Sandtraps.
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:23
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> *Spoilers?*
>
>
> Ok, I'm in Nova Prospekt after fighting the two gunships
> (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
> RRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR......) and fighting the large Antlion. How
> long till the end of the game. Citadel is the last level (as I've
> juts read in a "rasing the bar" article) but how many

I'm about 1/2 through Nova too. The easiest way to find out how far you have to go is from the start go New Game, and it lists where you can start from. There's 15 chapters and NP is about #8 or #9 I think?
Wed 24/11/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Touched!"
I think I'm about halfway possibly more through the game, I've just got the gravity gun and loving it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.