GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Justice"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/02/05 at 12:43
Regular
When the walls are low and nobody is looking, sometimes it is possible that a creature may enter and steal attention for a moment. This is a rare occurrence in times of mistrust but these things will happen. This is an account of such an event.

It started with a croak and ended with a lie. The life of such a creature will never be simple, never be a line of any distinguishable features. This path may often be mistaken with insanity and bares no resemblance to the life of a person who cares for themselves in ways more than they care for following a path. But who looks at the path ahead with clarity of mind? As it drags its heavy carcass out of the viscous muck new life is bestowed to this creature. All that is will change but only appreciation of this fate grants progress. And so it croaked with deep broken voice a song of pain as stale air crept through the throat. Although pain was not on this creature’s mind it did not go unnoticed, but even wretched swamp crawlers may have courage.

At this point a Prince, totally unaware of the current situation, was awakening from a dream that was not about to finish with consciousness. Panic took hold, breakfast was not here and this was not the accepted method of things. Lonely hands tend to push at those who push lonely people. This lonely hand was chained and hidden low down in regions fit for the most important of things. His mouth was fully gaped and air was readily available for the coming screech. It ripped at the guests who came to his aid. After all who is more deserved of aid than a boy born with past blood on his slate and fresh at his command.

But there was a young man who stood for Justice, pride and love. He held his weapon high and glory rained down on him from all around. Heroes are few, he was one. Never ready to end or be ended, there was much to be done. He came from nowhere that mattered to anyone else. But a special path this man was to follow for he was chosen to fight and he was moulded and carved by those who were good but are waiting for him now. He would not disappoint.

Enough of pitiful beings, it sickens me. I do not care to tell about the conquests of a thing that spits at danger or innocence. I care not for steel swords cast in the fires of industry. I care more about one that bellows courage on the day when its limbs are dry in the new sun of land. Its nature is not so simple to hold in one mind for it has many. But as with most one heart feeds the minds and these issues may be resolved.

Through the green, it moves now. With every step momentum gathers, for this day is a lesson. There are many to be learnt. It should not stop to see the road, it is not the preferred route, but if this part was missed would things have ended the same? I doubt it very much and so I am happy to say that it stopped and was found by those who carried much fear. And so they used years of practise to hack this creature, send it back the way it came. The creature stopped in the road and saw approaching things that it wanted to know more about. They could teach it how things were here. They did.

It is not always simple advice to learn from mistakes, for it is not wise to assume an unexpected outcome is the result of a bad choice.

The speed at which this creature grew was not of great pace in the eyes of some. Although he became what he was with significant timing. What he was now was more than what it was then for change was not a stranger and in fact quite welcome to this.

It had hunted and killed, although with much respect and he gathered. He had protected his home and now he protected all who lived there. It was not coincidence that an old blood thirsty King and his righteous rival waged their final battle past the boundaries of a land said to be kept by a monster.

The sparks from their blades burned the leaves. They burned a path leading from where they entered this place to where they stood. One mind set on a path, following the trail of glorious war and as he came to see one fearsome man standing over another in victory. The world would be at his feet with the strike of a final blade. But lessons had been learned, now was the time to teach another. This mans victim was no prey. That sword had no honour.

An epiphany is a moment of realisation in ones life and this is not a common happening. For a moment the path is right there in front of you and you can see it so clearly. If you look behind you will see how you got there and you should understand why it was so important that you did not follow the path before now. It was always there but it was never meant for you to follow. But one day there may be something on that path that you need to see, something you need to do or learn.

That moment had been waiting for him to arrive, curious to see what he would bring with him. It turns out that he brought a whole lot of wisdom with him and he decided to educate the King in how it feels to be respected. The King’s neck was limp as he fell to the ground. As he turned back into the green he warned with a croak that even the righteous must respect his territory and should leave with their glory.

But it was a tempting thing and the righteous are not always the wise. Weapons will never solve all the problems in this life. Although before this is realised many will die by them, some deservedly. Others fall victim to ones who consider their own virtuous existence to be less expendable. This weapon rose to an occasion and with deadly precision stole the attention back, it was his to keep, his prize.

Justice is served.
Mon 14/02/05 at 20:19
Regular
Thanks again.

I wanted it to be like that, more of a story based on theme and philosophy rather than people or their situation in detail.

I'm quite proud of this, especially with all the good comments.
Mon 14/02/05 at 16:09
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Once again, lovely story, pretty unlike anything I've read before (but I have an awful memory). as Silent Thunder said, really poetic at times, and nice description/imagery. Seemed a bit like what one might call a 'fable' to me.
Mon 14/02/05 at 13:15
Regular
Thanks a lot.

It was wrote during a zen philosophy type mood in the middle of the night.
Mon 14/02/05 at 12:52
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Very nice, poetic at times too.

Really liked this: "The sparks from their blades burned the leaves. They burned a path leading from where they entered this place to where they stood."

Good work.
Mon 14/02/05 at 12:43
Regular
When the walls are low and nobody is looking, sometimes it is possible that a creature may enter and steal attention for a moment. This is a rare occurrence in times of mistrust but these things will happen. This is an account of such an event.

It started with a croak and ended with a lie. The life of such a creature will never be simple, never be a line of any distinguishable features. This path may often be mistaken with insanity and bares no resemblance to the life of a person who cares for themselves in ways more than they care for following a path. But who looks at the path ahead with clarity of mind? As it drags its heavy carcass out of the viscous muck new life is bestowed to this creature. All that is will change but only appreciation of this fate grants progress. And so it croaked with deep broken voice a song of pain as stale air crept through the throat. Although pain was not on this creature’s mind it did not go unnoticed, but even wretched swamp crawlers may have courage.

At this point a Prince, totally unaware of the current situation, was awakening from a dream that was not about to finish with consciousness. Panic took hold, breakfast was not here and this was not the accepted method of things. Lonely hands tend to push at those who push lonely people. This lonely hand was chained and hidden low down in regions fit for the most important of things. His mouth was fully gaped and air was readily available for the coming screech. It ripped at the guests who came to his aid. After all who is more deserved of aid than a boy born with past blood on his slate and fresh at his command.

But there was a young man who stood for Justice, pride and love. He held his weapon high and glory rained down on him from all around. Heroes are few, he was one. Never ready to end or be ended, there was much to be done. He came from nowhere that mattered to anyone else. But a special path this man was to follow for he was chosen to fight and he was moulded and carved by those who were good but are waiting for him now. He would not disappoint.

Enough of pitiful beings, it sickens me. I do not care to tell about the conquests of a thing that spits at danger or innocence. I care not for steel swords cast in the fires of industry. I care more about one that bellows courage on the day when its limbs are dry in the new sun of land. Its nature is not so simple to hold in one mind for it has many. But as with most one heart feeds the minds and these issues may be resolved.

Through the green, it moves now. With every step momentum gathers, for this day is a lesson. There are many to be learnt. It should not stop to see the road, it is not the preferred route, but if this part was missed would things have ended the same? I doubt it very much and so I am happy to say that it stopped and was found by those who carried much fear. And so they used years of practise to hack this creature, send it back the way it came. The creature stopped in the road and saw approaching things that it wanted to know more about. They could teach it how things were here. They did.

It is not always simple advice to learn from mistakes, for it is not wise to assume an unexpected outcome is the result of a bad choice.

The speed at which this creature grew was not of great pace in the eyes of some. Although he became what he was with significant timing. What he was now was more than what it was then for change was not a stranger and in fact quite welcome to this.

It had hunted and killed, although with much respect and he gathered. He had protected his home and now he protected all who lived there. It was not coincidence that an old blood thirsty King and his righteous rival waged their final battle past the boundaries of a land said to be kept by a monster.

The sparks from their blades burned the leaves. They burned a path leading from where they entered this place to where they stood. One mind set on a path, following the trail of glorious war and as he came to see one fearsome man standing over another in victory. The world would be at his feet with the strike of a final blade. But lessons had been learned, now was the time to teach another. This mans victim was no prey. That sword had no honour.

An epiphany is a moment of realisation in ones life and this is not a common happening. For a moment the path is right there in front of you and you can see it so clearly. If you look behind you will see how you got there and you should understand why it was so important that you did not follow the path before now. It was always there but it was never meant for you to follow. But one day there may be something on that path that you need to see, something you need to do or learn.

That moment had been waiting for him to arrive, curious to see what he would bring with him. It turns out that he brought a whole lot of wisdom with him and he decided to educate the King in how it feels to be respected. The King’s neck was limp as he fell to the ground. As he turned back into the green he warned with a croak that even the righteous must respect his territory and should leave with their glory.

But it was a tempting thing and the righteous are not always the wise. Weapons will never solve all the problems in this life. Although before this is realised many will die by them, some deservedly. Others fall victim to ones who consider their own virtuous existence to be less expendable. This weapon rose to an occasion and with deadly precision stole the attention back, it was his to keep, his prize.

Justice is served.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.