GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Liverpool FC - The most frustrating club to support!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/02/05 at 15:58
Regular
"back of the fridge!"
As I sit here, I am listening to commentary on the Birmingham Versus Liverpool match, and Birmingham have just gone 2-0 up. This after a week where we won a couple of games and we actually looked to be playing well.

So I propose that Liverpool are currently the most frustrating team to support.

The last 10 years or so have been one long string of ups and downs and we have never gained any consistency from game to game and even from season to season.

We have won a few cups, and those times were great, but in between that the long suffering fans have had to endure questionable tactics and new players brought in by a couple of managers that fill you with no comfidence whatsoever.

Now I know some people will say that we have not had to endure any relegation battles and have generally been in the top half of the table, and ask what I am complaining about but for a team like Liverpool, with the most prestigous history of all English clubs, this is not good enough.

And, at this time, I can't see too many signs that things are going to change under the new manager. He has brought in some very good players in Alonso and Morientes but has lost Owen and may be on the verge of losing Gerrard aswell.

I don't know how much more I can take!!!
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:01
Regular
"..."
Bah at this whole post. Liverpool and/or Spurs are not the most frustrating team to support. That honour goes to Forest by a long, long chalk.
Wed 16/02/05 at 17:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> With Liverpools inconsistancy they don't deserve champions league
> football. Teams whom could face the likes of barcelona and ac milan,
> cannot lose to teams like southampton, burnley and birmingham.

You wouldn't care if it was like that with Spurs.
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:03
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> With Liverpools inconsistancy they don't deserve champions league
> football. Teams whom could face the likes of barcelona and ac milan,
> cannot lose to teams like southampton, burnley and birmingham.

Burnley was a weaker side, I can't see Rafa playing the 'kids' against the likes of Barca and I seem to remember certain clubs like Man Utd losing against Pompey 2-0. Rafa is one of a few managers in the world who has the ability to turn Liverpool around and into a world class team...again. Hopefully a win against Leverkusen, but Fernando is cup-tied so it will be a close call.
Mon 14/02/05 at 10:15
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
With Liverpools inconsistancy they don't deserve champions league football. Teams whom could face the likes of barcelona and ac milan, cannot lose to teams like southampton, burnley and birmingham.
Mon 14/02/05 at 02:54
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
...and welcome to SR Sports :)

You just KNOW you haven't had any initiation until you've been welcome be a Scouser! :D
Mon 14/02/05 at 02:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I love you KOPKING :)

:P
Sun 13/02/05 at 20:54
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Virtuoso wrote:
> Have faith in the Rafalution, a manager with 95% of the previous
> mangers' players needs time to A: get his own players, and B: Make
> the team play how HE wants.

Do ya ever go on the liverpool fc messageboards after a defeat? Christ they are brutal!!! Each time we lose there are fans callin for Rafa's head and even when El Moro didn't score in his first few games they called him a crap signing.

> I've already seen signs of a vast improvement in the team, and the
> way we play; but the consistency comes with a stable squad, a squad
> that HE built.

Likewise when we play to our potential we can make any team look ordinary like Arsenal and Olympiacos. When he has his own team with the players he wants, playing the way he wants then he can be judged but not a second before! I love the man he is a tactical genius and who else could of taken Alonso from the clutches of Real Madrid for such a bargain price? And Moro could Houllier have brought him here? I think not. People also forget that its his first season in the most difficult league in the world. Its gonna take him a while to crack it and know what players will influence the team in a good way.Many fans are forgetting that this was supposed to be a transactional season (spelt that wrong.

Anyway its good to see another sensible fan
Sun 13/02/05 at 19:40
Regular
Birmingham have quite a good side at the moment though.

Pandiani is a proven champions league goalscorer, and Heskey on his day can be a right handful. Pennant can also be amazing when he wants to be, and thier defence aint bad with players like Upson and Melchiot.
Sun 13/02/05 at 18:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'd agree with the original post - Spurs, no matter how well they play, have always been perennial underachievers, and even Spurs fans have given up believing they're one of the country's top teams.

Liverpool, however, by rights are still one of the top five teams in the country, and I'm constantly suprised at how high we actually are in the table year after year. We've got a squad filled with quality, but are the most inconsistent team in the league, week after week after week. How can a team with Baros, Morientes, Gerrard and Carragher fail to beat a below average Birmingham side but still be in the last 16 of the Champions League?

It's all part and parcel of the game to be honest, and anyone who says 'stop supporting them then' obviously doesn't understand the nature of the game. I'd imagine a season where your team wins every game and tournament would end up extremely boring after a while - look at Arsenal this year, much more entertaining than last year.
Sun 13/02/05 at 16:17
Regular
I work in MYSTERIOUS WAYS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.