GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Having my Cake and Eating it"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/02/05 at 12:49
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Just been promoted to full time managerial position. And I've been asked to still do the Marketing Presentations role too.

In summary then;

- More Money
- An easier job

Sometimes, I like working life.
Thu 17/02/05 at 00:25
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Haven't been here in a while. Saw this, Light, and wanted to say "Congrats!" (because I can't spell the whole word without looking it up). Well done, mate!
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:12
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'm going to leave this thread now, because I don't want to degenerate
> into a slanging match.
>
> Hope it works out for you sir.

Aaa-AW! But...but I was enjoying that!

Cheers man; it's appreciated.
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm going to leave this thread now, because I don't want to degenerate into a slanging match.

Hope it works out for you sir.
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
English_Bloke wrote:

> Student halls then?

Yup.
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> Don't need to defend yourself from anything, it's your choice mate.
> Just find it ironic that somebody that wrote a chapter of The
> Stepford Blokes has settled into a middle-management
> engaged-to-be-married lifestyle and probably bought a teddybear for
> Valentines day.

Ha HA! Nope, no teddy bear. Merely a card.

Okay, admittedly that was cos I told her that I love her every day so Valentines day is pointless....

> True, except you yourself have spat blood at your management - I read
> your angry emails remember? Something about "grey suited demons
> that haunt the halls of faux-power" when you were getting
> grief.

Yup, I sure have. I'll continue to do so as well. And, hopefully, I'll avoid falling into the same pit-traps. Like I say, I've got cu...friends like you and Sara and Pandy etc to help keep me right. And make damn sure I don't take myself too seriously.
>
> I honestly hope you're happy sir, and my opinion should count for
> nothing whatsoever at the end of the day - I doubt you lose sleep
> over it for a second!

Oh hell, I'm happy. I think it's always been fairly clear that I'm attracted to domesticity and stability in my love life.

> I would, however, suggest that your "bile" and "spleen
> venting" isn't much more than a way to pass time at work.
> Because, y'know, to rant against couples in IKEA and smug-marrieds
> and cry war at mid-management drones is one thing.
> To turn into the very antithesis of Light 12 months ago is quite
> another.

True enough to an extent; it does pass the time at work. But then again, it's only said cos it's meant. One can rage against something without standing completely apart from it. Even whilst being involved in it. Doing some of the things I abso-cocking-lutely abhor doesn't mean I'll become the person I abhor. It means I've gotta watch it and be careful.

>
> Just surprising is all, but then I suppose everybody lives in their
> own ways and choosing.

Thing is, I've always been more than willing to make compromises for the right person. Mrs Light is that person. I still maintain I'm not going to turn into that which I despise, but I acknowledge that I'm not going to be the person I was 12 months ago. But then, who is?

> I did chuckle at the Wolfie Smith "I totally did a rebellious
> powerpoint" comment though.

Heh. Yeah, on reflection I was asking for it with that one. I hope to regale you all with further tales of a rebellious business lunch comment about how the Telegraph business pages "just aren't up to much"...
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Light wrote:
> Alas not; a high wage in Newcastle is roughly equivalent to a weeks
> rent of a urine soaked cardboard box down in South Land.

Student halls then?
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Alas not; a high wage in Newcastle is roughly equivalent to a weeks rent of a urine soaked cardboard box down in South Land.
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Don't need to defend yourself from anything, it's your choice mate.
Just find it ironic that somebody that wrote a chapter of The Stepford Blokes has settled into a middle-management engaged-to-be-married lifestyle and probably bought a teddybear for Valentines day.

"He also raged against the idea of slavishly accepting something as correct just because of the person saying it. So although he did indeed rage against the binmen (a covers band-name waiting to happen...), their was nothing said about just taking his word for it."
True, except you yourself have spat blood at your management - I read your angry emails remember? Something about "grey suited demons that haunt the halls of faux-power" when you were getting grief.

I honestly hope you're happy sir, and my opinion should count for nothing whatsoever at the end of the day - I doubt you lose sleep over it for a second!
I would, however, suggest that your "bile" and "spleen venting" isn't much more than a way to pass time at work.
Because, y'know, to rant against couples in IKEA and smug-marrieds and cry war at mid-management drones is one thing.
To turn into the very antithesis of Light 12 months ago is quite another.

Just surprising is all, but then I suppose everybody lives in their own ways and choosing.
I did chuckle at the Wolfie Smith "I totally did a rebellious powerpoint" comment though.
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Can I've some money then?
I miss the public being able to say, "I pay your wages!"
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
On the other hand...

He also raged against the idea of slavishly accepting something as correct just because of the person saying it. So although he did indeed rage against the binmen (a covers band-name waiting to happen...), their was nothing said about just taking his word for it.

And besides; you smell. Of wee.

You just know I've been up all weekend practising my justifications for this...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.