GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tree stump removal ( sorry :-( )"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/02/05 at 17:05
"Tesco value"
Hardly hard core gaming or anything of any interest.

for the green fingered:

Got a stump about three and a half feet wide and two and a half foot width I need to get rid of.

pouring the stump in petrol and igniting made quite an impressive scene for about 2 minutes, but nothing more came of it.

heard you can drill the stump in several places and keep topping up with oil, doing it several times a week so it gets imprgnated and setting fire to it that way, but otherwise I'm stumped (ho bloody ho)

digging the tree out is out of the question, it's huge!

so come on people, best way to burn a tree, i'm sure fellow pyromaniacs like me out there might have a better solution

thanks!
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:05
"Tesco value"
Hardly hard core gaming or anything of any interest.

for the green fingered:

Got a stump about three and a half feet wide and two and a half foot width I need to get rid of.

pouring the stump in petrol and igniting made quite an impressive scene for about 2 minutes, but nothing more came of it.

heard you can drill the stump in several places and keep topping up with oil, doing it several times a week so it gets imprgnated and setting fire to it that way, but otherwise I'm stumped (ho bloody ho)

digging the tree out is out of the question, it's huge!

so come on people, best way to burn a tree, i'm sure fellow pyromaniacs like me out there might have a better solution

thanks!
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:18
Regular
nuke
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Dig it out you lazy sod or attach it to a car via a rope or wire, you could try blowing up the roots using a mixture of bleach and petrol but i wouldn't recommend it.
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:28
"Tesco value"
Flock wrote:
> Dig it out you lazy sod or attach it to a car via a rope or wire, you
> could try blowing up the roots using a mixture of bleach and petrol
> but i wouldn't recommend it.

intriged.

bleach and petrol...

it's down the bottom of the garden and I dont think our sit on mower is up to the job, burning and exploding* sounds a more worthwhile attempt

* or nuking, whitestripes
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I hereby relinquish all responsibility for any injuries Robin may cause to himself/herself, neighbours, friends, aquaintances,pets and property.
Best bet is to expose the roots and saw through them, then use a metal shafted spade to lever it out, it'll take you a couple of hours.
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I'd be thinking flash powder for a job like this. Not for use in a built up area though, and you'd also want to dampen the whole thing with water bags.
Fri 11/02/05 at 09:35
Regular
"long time"
Try to dig it out!
sounds like it would make a nice Bonsai..
If its old to it could be worth a few hundred quid in a year or two.

Wish i could take it off yours hands!
Fri 11/02/05 at 09:52
Regular
"8==="
For the bit above ground:

Axe/chainsaw/one of those saws two people use, then sand the remainder down til it's fairly flat and cover over with soil.
Fri 11/02/05 at 09:54
Regular
"long time"
*Watches as money gets tipped down the drain*
Fri 11/02/05 at 09:57
Regular
"8==="
Yeah hiring things is really expensive. :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.