GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finally"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:40
"possibly impossible"
SR sending off my Halo 2 + Live pack.

Yes, I know I'm behind everyone else, but it's amazing I'm getting it at all.

Now all I need to do is find time to play on it and find a TV to link it up to Live in my study. And, no, I can't afford a wireless connection.

Still, I would recommend this pack for anyone without both Halo 2 and Live yet, £49.99 for both together. It's fast disappearing though...
Sun 28/11/04 at 13:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The single player's pretty cack, but I can't imagine how people who
> loved the first game can think this.
>
> It's a hell of a lot more varied and intresting than the first game
> was in single player.

Exactly - fixed the faults of the first game, and people hate it!
Sun 28/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halo 1 wasn't genius. Halo 2 wasn't either.

But why do people hate H2 so much? 'Oh it's so crap'. But it isn't....quite obviously, it's a great game. Online it's miles better yes, but I laugh at people who whine about it being awful, when it quite clearly isn't, it just isn't what we/it wanted/should it to/of (of) been.

If you see.
Sun 28/11/04 at 01:00
Regular
eye'Aoe wrote:
> But the first game was pure genius.

Nah, there was nothing in the slightest genius about the first game.

Impressive outdoors sections and cool vehicles, but the rest of the single player was rubbish.
Sun 28/11/04 at 00:34
Regular
"BOSE"
Halo 2 Live RULES. End of! Capture The Flag's one of my favourite on Zanzibar. I'm really good at getting the flag :-)

It's annoying playing people online who don't have a headset. Games like RS3 especially, you know? It's a game you need to communicate in. Some people who have a headset don't even talk, it's so annoying!
Sat 27/11/04 at 23:16
"possibly impossible"
That makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson being in charge of a Creche...

Halo 2 Single Player is still 10 times better than most other FPS games out there and the multi-player online rocks (which is a pity as I still haven't got a TV in my study to connect it up and have to rely on playing on someone else's live account).
Fri 26/11/04 at 21:07
Regular
"\\"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The single player's pretty cack, but I can't imagine how people who
> loved the first game can think this.
>
> It's a hell of a lot more varied and intresting than the first game
> was in single player.

But the first game was pure genius. Halo 2 improved on that genius... but took the original genius away, thus making it crap.
Fri 26/11/04 at 21:05
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I'm really enjoying the single player game. Its very varied and pretty fun. Although I'm also getting LIVE next friday. Can't wait!
Thu 25/11/04 at 17:34
Regular
The single player's pretty cack, but I can't imagine how people who loved the first game can think this.

It's a hell of a lot more varied and intresting than the first game was in single player.
Thu 25/11/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
I got the Halo 2 and live set last saturday. Well worth £49.99.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's not as bad as everyone says it is, more it's a disappointment.

Live is brilliance though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.