GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slow E Mail Again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/02/05 at 19:49
Regular
I see freeolas E Mail is on the GO SLOW again, we never did find out if this was a technical problem? or an issue relating to the Antivirus upgrade? has anyone heard any news?
Sat 12/02/05 at 10:13
"Are you sure?"
For those interested this thread in the 'Help' forum contains similar: [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=118913&forumid=414[/URL]
Sat 12/02/05 at 09:20
Regular
Problem appears to be unblocked again, I got a email from them this morning here is the reason.

We have been experiencing problems with our mail servers and as a result, email sent in the last 3 days has been delayed due to a huge backlog of emails.

There is also a chance that any mail sent while the servers were down would not be received and would need to be resent.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this and any inconvenience that this delay and loss of service may cause.

Kind Regards,

Ben Asser
Freeola and GetDotted Customer Support Centre

We have been experiencing problems with our mail servers and as a result, email sent in the last 3 days has been delayed due to a huge backlog of emails.

There is also a chance that any mail sent while the servers were down would not be received and would need to be resent.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this and any inconvenience that this delay and loss of service may cause.

Kind Regards,

Ben Asser
Freeola and GetDotted Customer Support Centre
Fri 11/02/05 at 15:54
Regular
well its funny you should say that I actually said the exact same thing to him! "why does the status page say all is well? when in fact its not?" his reply was that the ystem is working fine! its just a backlog!, so when I said well why does the status page say that? I got the "The server fault has been repaired" I had noticed that no one from CS had replied to my other post and yet that is where you would expect them to look? perhaps they all have ostrich syndrome on a Friday! (bury there heads in the sand and it ignore the problem) on average its still taking between 10 and 30 mins for email to arrive and some are still overdue from 3 days ago. come on Freeola give us an answer please read what your customers are saying.
Fri 11/02/05 at 15:04
"Are you sure?"
My email service also seems slow.
It's a shame 'staff' only seem to reply to 'Customer Service' type posts when someone starts getting out of their pram and they feel they need to defend themselves...

I see on the 'Help' forum you've been blanked by your 'Calling Customer Service' post - when staff have been active in other threads. Even if they updated your thread to say they have noted your question and have escalated to whoever - that would be a start.

It would also look better to would-be freeola customers.

If they told you there was a backlog of emails causing a delay - I would question why the Status page doesn't report this rather than saying "All Operating Correctly"

May be I'm expecting too much ?
Fri 11/02/05 at 14:24
Regular
Hi again Hmmm is your email any faster today? still slow with me today, I called freeola and they (CS) said that there is no problem, it is just a backlog of emails now causing the delay, and he could not say when it would clear its self. its a bit of a pain.
Thu 10/02/05 at 22:04
Regular
Thats a handy tip, am not used to forums, and cant find user guide lol so its nice that regulars share info with newbies many thanks, its a steep learning curve but great fun.
Thu 10/02/05 at 20:08
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm...

OT:
Do you realise that when the thread isn't very busy (like this one) there is no need to quote the previous post everytime !?
I notice you even quoted yourself...

Try hitting reply without the 'Quoting this message' link sometimes :¬)
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:39
Regular
Yes I have been in touch via E Mail, had the standard auto reply, this problem is likely to be all my fault! we had a problem about two weeks ago with email just like this problem, they sorted it and came back with the email about virus protection? and here we are two weeks later and its happened again? its all my fault I gave them the Judas kiss all the praise went to their heads and now they are upset at me Oh wo is me....

Kev

Hmmm... wrote:
> Yep - it's the same for me.
>
> I've been sending emails to Customer Service since yesterday (about 3
> hours before they reported the problem on their status page!?!)
>
> As soon as they removed the on-going problem report today (12.31) - I
> contacted them saying it doesn't look ok to me! Haven't heard
> anything yet...
>
> Email does seem to be working but sloooooowly...
>
> I take it after reading your previous glowing reports on freeola
> Customer Service, etc. you've also been in contact with them ?
>
> Any News ???
Thu 10/02/05 at 18:14
"Are you sure?"
Yep - it's the same for me.

I've been sending emails to Customer Service since yesterday (about 3 hours before they reported the problem on their status page!?!)

As soon as they removed the on-going problem report today (12.31) - I contacted them saying it doesn't look ok to me! Haven't heard anything yet...

Email does seem to be working but sloooooowly...

I take it after reading your previous glowing reports on freeola Customer Service, etc. you've also been in contact with them ?

Any News ???
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:07
Regular
It says on Freeola Status page that the slow email issue is resolved! but my email is still very slow, is this the same for other users? or only me?

Kev

Shelljed wrote:
> I see freeolas E Mail is on the GO SLOW again, we never did find out
> if this was a technical problem? or an issue relating to the
> Antivirus upgrade? has anyone heard any news?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.