GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is Perfect Dark a 18?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/05/01 at 12:30
Regular
I was playing Perfect Dark yesterday and i had is on Pelgic 2 in high res mode, and then it hit me. This game is SO unbeliveible relistic!

I was looking at the walls and the bad guys as I blasted them into small red patches on the ground, and i thought what a brillent game this was.

But cause of the N64 it can't be very smooth, but just imagne what rare can do on the cube! After Dark is going to be the best shotter full stop. If it combines the detail of perfect dark, the smoothness of Time Spliters and the gameplay of Goldeneye it will sell like rock cakes.

Perfect Dark is a 18 because it is so realistic, and if that is a 18, just imagne After dark with life like graphics is going to be like, we can only think about it. Untill now at E3 where i hope they bring out some pics!

Thanks for reading

Mr. Dark
Mon 21/05/01 at 21:08
Perfect Dark is my 3rd most fav game of all time. And with good reason!
Mon 21/05/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sniper wrote:
> i'd love to hear more ambient sounds to make it more stealthier on
> some levels!
Some levels need to be based in urban areas! Chicago
> was way to small to enjoy.

Good post from Sniper :)
Mon 21/05/01 at 21:04
ssxpro wrote:
> Are they really going to call it After Dark? Oh dear. That`s the end
> of a decent name. There is a lot of potential in dark, but going for
> After Dark is silly!

After Dark is a brillent name!
Sun 20/05/01 at 21:39
Thats disgusting, I hate it when Companys shove a High speced(high priced) PC in the box and say its their latest console. Its not fair to us :-(

Lets hope Nintendo dont pull similar tricks (Microsoft have already done so).
Sun 20/05/01 at 17:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
New Jimmy wrote:
> What are you saying the pictures of TekkenTag were originally
> doctored?

They probably were... who knows.
Sun 20/05/01 at 17:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
New Jimmy wrote:
> What are you saying the pictures of TekkenTag were originally
> doctored?

read my post... there is no way you could get that street fight running on a Ps2!

Sonic
Sun 20/05/01 at 17:06
What are you saying the pictures of TekkenTag were originally doctored?
Sat 19/05/01 at 21:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
> > Life like graphics
> impossible? Ever seen the pics from E3
> or teken tag?

Actually, the first real-time sequences of TTT (running on a PC, and not a PS2, at E3) showed 70 v. realistic people cheering on a street fight. You could see reflections in the rain, and the shops came right out onto the street... Sony really over-estimated!

Sonic

Sat 19/05/01 at 21:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
> Life like graphics
> impossible? Ever seen the pics from E3 or teken tag?

What!!! You are kidding?
Sat 19/05/01 at 21:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
I actually got sworn at as well, so I got out the Dragon as a proximity mine, ran away threw it behind me and didn't look back all I heard was:

'aaahh ahahaha aahaooaoaoaa'

thats about how it sounded!
:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.