GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Vampires bloodlines, worth gettin'?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines'.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:56
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Is Vampires bloodlines, worth gettin'?

Im 3/4 of the way through HL2, wondering if vampires should be my next buy. I love shooters (Farcry, Doom3, HL2) and RPGs such as KOTOR, neverwinter nights and baldurs gate 2. Do you think Vamps will be the game for me?. Let me know your opinions, oh and no spoilers please lol.
Wed 05/01/05 at 14:23
"need help on a vamp"
have u got to the part where u have to find gary the nosfarato im havin trouble with floodin the 2 resavious do u knwo how to do it
Wed 05/01/05 at 13:58
"need help on a vamp"
yes its worth gettin
there are so many things to do in this game a hell of a lot of queast and different ways u can go will keep u entertained for a long time
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:21
Regular
Should have this by Saturday along with Knights of the Old Republic: Sith Lords on Xbox. Can't wait to be honest, really looking forward to it.
Sun 05/12/04 at 15:13
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Got the game! Ive been really enjoying it, the characters are some of the best ive seen in a game, the facial animations and the voice acting are superb. In fact Id say that it is the inter-reaction with the npcs that really make this game work. The combat system is a bit of a let down but as cipro says it doesnt spoil the game. Aside from the few glitches I would definately recommend this game to any RP fan.
Mon 29/11/04 at 13:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Strictly single player. One of the better single player games I've played after Half Life 2.
Sun 28/11/04 at 16:07
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Oh one other thing, is there multiplayer in this game? And if there is what form does it take?
Sun 28/11/04 at 01:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Don't expect the same kind of action game Half Life 2 is, combat in vampire is a bit naff, but there's a hell of a lot more to like if you can look past the flaws.

In fact I'm actually getting quite addicted to it now, there are tons of side quests and the story remains gripping throughout.
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:55
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
thx guys for your opinions, i think i will get this game when ive finished HL2
Fri 26/11/04 at 11:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Got it on Friday. First the downsides.

- There's noticeable stuttering on some of the open city areas (like HL2 only slightly worse) it seems to only effect certain areas though, interior levels are fine

- The loading times are stupendously long

- The AI is a bit naff, cops will shoot the crap out of you in the street while everyone else will calmly walk by and they don't mind shooting their partners in the back either

- Combat is a bit unspectacular, fist fighting is repetitive and guns are a bit of a waste of time

- Cut scenes are a bit glitchy

These are all less problematic than you may think though, as if you can bypass these faults, there's a pretty decent game beneath.

- Graphics are pleasing, while they don't match Half Life 2's visual beauty, character models, lighting and levels design all look great

- The story is excellent, drawing you in right from the start with some top notch voice acting

- There are different Vampire clans to choose to play as, all with unique quirks, choose the Malkavian for example, and all your lines of dialogue will match their unbalanced mental state

- There’s plenty of things to do, loads of optional side quests to complete that avoid the dull “Go here Collect this, get gold coins” routine that many RPG’s suffer from

- Stealth makes up in part for the lack of AI and rubbish combat

- There are some great levels (the haunted Hotel being a current favourite) and quests differ enough to avoid the feeling of repetition

There’s more, but I fear this post is long enough as it is. The problems above can get tedious at times, but persevere and you’ll find a great game buried beneath it. A patch will sort out many of those flaws anyway, even though I’ll admit, this game could have benefited with an extra month in development. Still, I’m finding it a worthy successor to HL2, and one of the better recent RPG’s I’ve played.
Fri 26/11/04 at 08:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Heard mostly positive reviews, mostly let down by the poor ranged comabat and appalling AI (you can grab a guard and drain him while his mate is standing next to him)

Source engine renderer only, no physics.

Still, looks like a good RPG in a year not well know for it's pc RPG's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.