GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help a retard in need!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 11:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey-ho, I'm back at uni now, and it's only now that Mr. Bob has decided to finish admin work on my movies site. Seeing as I'm behind a uni firewall and not using Freeola any more, this unfortunately means I can't upload and download and play about as easy as I could. I'm quite willing to dial up whenever I need to change stuff, upload new pages, edit existing ones etc., Freeola's prices are pretty good for that sort of thing. But...

What the hell do I need? I'm a pampered little boy who's only ever really used broadband and wouldn't know a 56k modem if it came up and bit me on my 3" floppy.

I'm guessing I need a modem, and to sign up to Freeola 0845. Right?
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:55
Regular
"go to sleep..."
ouch did it hurt snuggles
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You'll have a FREEOLA account if you've got a site. And you'll most probably have a modem built into your PC (do MAXX Pc's have them?), so you'll need a phone socket to plug in to. Does your room at Uni have a phone socket? Do you have the cable to go from the wall to your modem?
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, or get a 56k modem and have it dial the "emergency internet" number that they tout on the back of the club mag.

EDIT: I assume that would work, with it still going through freeola anyway.
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey-ho, I'm back at uni now, and it's only now that Mr. Bob has decided to finish admin work on my movies site. Seeing as I'm behind a uni firewall and not using Freeola any more, this unfortunately means I can't upload and download and play about as easy as I could. I'm quite willing to dial up whenever I need to change stuff, upload new pages, edit existing ones etc., Freeola's prices are pretty good for that sort of thing. But...

What the hell do I need? I'm a pampered little boy who's only ever really used broadband and wouldn't know a 56k modem if it came up and bit me on my 3" floppy.

I'm guessing I need a modem, and to sign up to Freeola 0845. Right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.