GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The MSN Worm Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/02/05 at 21:52
Regular
"Besides harassing MSN Messenger users, the Bropia worm seems to be pestering antivirus companies time and time again with new variants.

With modifications turning up at this rapid rate, counting each variant using a letter from the alphabet doesn't look like a good idea anymore. We suggest naming them after bad Stephen Baldwin movies. Plenty of those...

The latest in the chain is WORM_BROPIA.F (also known as W32/Bropia.worm.g, W32/Bropia.J and Bropia.E) which spreads mainly in Korea, China, Taiwan, and the United States through automatically initiated MSN Messenger file transfers of any of the following files:

Bedroom-thongs.pif
Hot.pif
LMAO.pif
LOL.scr
Naked_drunk.pif
New_webcam.pif
ROFL.pif
underware.pif
Webcam.pif

Depending on your system configuration and file associations, the transfer shows the classic MS-DOS windows icon (pictured to the right) or an unknown file icon (the blank piece of paper one). It stops propagating if the victim uses only Windows Messenger because those file transfers simply fail.

Quite a surprise, this worm also drops and loads the file SEXY.JPG in the root folder, which pictures what's probably the ultimate fantasy partner of the worm's creator: a naked chick with tanlines."

So yeah. Don't accept the above.
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:49
Regular
"go to sleep..."
um excuse me typo EDIT: Maybe i should have said "execute my typo"
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:48
Regular
"go to sleep..."
yes you have to watch out for these viriuses wich are attatched to pics and gifs especially the ones that are hidden in an image you wont know you have it untill it peeks it's nose out of the door in your anti-virus software and says "cooee i'm here and i'm gonna mess up your pc good an' proper you can't stop me now muahahahaha"

you'll also have to watch out for flash files you download mite be some attatched to there to they will prob mess up your pc even worse if it in a flash file.
Mon 07/02/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Hahah. Nice one.
Mon 07/02/05 at 22:13
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Chad Niga wrote:
> I got love_me.pif a minute ago.

That's funny, I just asked the missus if she loved me and the answer was "Pff.".
Mon 07/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I got love_me.pif a minute ago.
Mon 07/02/05 at 21:52
Regular
"Besides harassing MSN Messenger users, the Bropia worm seems to be pestering antivirus companies time and time again with new variants.

With modifications turning up at this rapid rate, counting each variant using a letter from the alphabet doesn't look like a good idea anymore. We suggest naming them after bad Stephen Baldwin movies. Plenty of those...

The latest in the chain is WORM_BROPIA.F (also known as W32/Bropia.worm.g, W32/Bropia.J and Bropia.E) which spreads mainly in Korea, China, Taiwan, and the United States through automatically initiated MSN Messenger file transfers of any of the following files:

Bedroom-thongs.pif
Hot.pif
LMAO.pif
LOL.scr
Naked_drunk.pif
New_webcam.pif
ROFL.pif
underware.pif
Webcam.pif

Depending on your system configuration and file associations, the transfer shows the classic MS-DOS windows icon (pictured to the right) or an unknown file icon (the blank piece of paper one). It stops propagating if the victim uses only Windows Messenger because those file transfers simply fail.

Quite a surprise, this worm also drops and loads the file SEXY.JPG in the root folder, which pictures what's probably the ultimate fantasy partner of the worm's creator: a naked chick with tanlines."

So yeah. Don't accept the above.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.