GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VOTE HERE."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/05/01 at 23:55
Regular
Right, let's place a vote. Since this two FOG thing is a pain lets have a vote to rectify the problem.
Should there be a Night Forum for Regulars only-Between 8pm-1am and accessed ONLY by regulars?
It is the only alternative to Slow things down at night which has become a problem with the webmasters.
YES OR NO.
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:29
Regular
I usually go to the PS2 forum to discuss PS2. I only ever talk PS2 in the FOG to defend it these days, though I can`t be bothered most of the time.
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:27
Regular
Thats what im saying, it will take a few people to start posting in other forums first.

This is what we need to do. I will be doing it in the future, will you?
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:25
The problem is that everyone posts where they think their posts will get most attention i.e. the FOG forum -me included!

I cant see an easy solution to the problem, however I will not start a useless topic in the FOG(prime) forum.
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:21
Regular
Defninitely. It would work against the fair idea of "discussion".
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:21
Regular
As I've said before, in different threads, the only way to sort it out is to post stuff where it is supposed to be.

Ie 'Cube stuff goes in the Nintendo forum, PS2 in Sony forum etc etc.

Its the only way to cut down the amount of posts in the FoG and possibly get it back to one forum.

I'm going to start putting stuff where it should be, knowing the risk that less people may read it.

But after a while, everyone else will start doing it, and then the forums will work properly.

The Notables and Regulars really need to start setting an example to the newbies.

Meka is already doing it by posting in the Ninetendo forum, i intend to start as well.

If everyone that does it as well, the forums will be in an acceptable state quite quickly, and then maybe the FoG will be made into 1 again.
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:20
Segregation would be bad :-(
Sat 19/05/01 at 00:16
Regular
Regulars only? ? ? ? That sounds a bit silly really. That would take away fresh perspectives completely. You can`t segregate posters like that. The naming thing is just about alright, but I can see it putting a few people off. However, to have a regulars only forum would not be good,a s it would deter too many newbies, and cause the discussions to come to a virtual stand still, only awakening to discuss the lates generation of console wars, and possible extend the longest thread a little.
Fri 18/05/01 at 23:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's not actually a problem with the webbys, just that Tony (and only Tony) thought something should be done about it.

Regulars only forum. That's a good idea, but it really IS a problem for the webbys.
Fri 18/05/01 at 23:55
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Right, let's place a vote. Since this two FOG thing is a pain lets have a vote to rectify the problem.
Should there be a Night Forum for Regulars only-Between 8pm-1am and accessed ONLY by regulars?
It is the only alternative to Slow things down at night which has become a problem with the webmasters.
YES OR NO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.