GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Factory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/02/05 at 01:55
Regular
Yawn factory would be more accurate.

Highly average preachy piece of completely none shocking dross. It played like a government endorsed anti hooliganism, anti drugs, anti booze docu-drama. We all know that these things can be (and in the case of hooliganism always is) bad, but we don't need it shoved down our throats in such a patronising shameless manner.

We all know gangster activity is generally a bad thing, but at least in films like Pulp Fiction, Lock Stock or Snatch, there is a decent story line to go with it. This garbage just went from one terrible 'action' scene to another, attempting to shock with its 'horrific' depiction of unbridled violence. Sorry, but I've seen worse violence in TV advertisements, and they were not nearly as righteous and patronising.

The attempt at depth with the lead character, with its spiritual and surreal undertones, were pathetic. By the end I was just hoping all the terribly portrayed characters would get killed, which didn't happen. Just one "twist" that has been seen in a hundred other decent films before this.

Not a good example of british film-making at all. A shame, as a few of the actors have displayed talent in better films. Avoid.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:28
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I wouldn't know I haven't actually bothered seeing it yet.
Tue 08/02/05 at 07:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> They only seem to rate movies on their violence or
> gang culture innit!1!!!1!!!!!!!!!!

the gang culture I can see, but I've seen more realistic violence in soap operas. :D
Mon 07/02/05 at 22:56
Regular
I adopted a lighthearted attitude towards it after the first few minutes and found it strangely entertaining.

How controversial.
Mon 07/02/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's pretty stupid but entertaining with characters ranging from
> chavs to super chavs.

All the chavs I've heard talking about it seem to love it. They really are scum. They only seem to rate movies on their violence or gang culture innit!1!!!1!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:11
Regular
"8==="
"Ooooh me poor heartses"
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> I was correcting what I'd written at, *checks*, just after 4 in the
> morning.

Ahhhh, getcha.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:07
Regular
"8==="
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Scum is slightly below average, it was late.
>
> Huh? 1977? I didn't realise there was a time limit on hard hitting
> borstal dramas.

I was correcting what I'd written at, *checks*, just after 4 in the morning.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:06
Regular
"8==="
I haven't seen any of those. My brother raved about Lock Stock and asked me to buy it many years back. I bough Event Horizon and 2 other cheaper movies instead. The hype still interested me so I finally saw it. It was stylish and funny: I enjoyed it as a break from the usual american gangster movies.

It was a movie, I enjoyed it.

Do I rate it highly? Not really. Was it entertaining? Yes. Was Football Factory anywhere near as entertaining? No.

Therefore Football Factory is 'no lock stock'.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Scum is slightly below average, it was late.

Huh? 1977? I didn't realise there was a time limit on hard hitting borstal dramas.
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's the fact you rate dross like Lock, Stock as anything other than cokernee balls with 60% nicked from Long Good Friday, 20% nicked from Mean Streets and 10% nicked from Hard Eight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.