GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" How can I get my website seen?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/02/05 at 22:32
Regular
"back of the fridge!"
Hi there, I have just finished creating my very first website but have absolutely no idea how to get it seen by people. I have told my friends about it and hopefully it will get seen by at least a few people that way, but other than that what can I do?

The website itself is very small and simple at the moment, containing just a few pages concerning methods of making a little bit of extra cash via the internet.

I don't know if this is against forum rules or anything but the address is http://stevewaller.50megs.com feel free to take a look if you want (no pressure to of course) as I would be happy to receive any feedback.

Cheers!
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:32
Regular
"back of the fridge!"
Hi there, I have just finished creating my very first website but have absolutely no idea how to get it seen by people. I have told my friends about it and hopefully it will get seen by at least a few people that way, but other than that what can I do?

The website itself is very small and simple at the moment, containing just a few pages concerning methods of making a little bit of extra cash via the internet.

I don't know if this is against forum rules or anything but the address is http://stevewaller.50megs.com feel free to take a look if you want (no pressure to of course) as I would be happy to receive any feedback.

Cheers!
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:33
Regular
To get your website seen, give people eyes.
People don't have eyes.
Eyes are crucial.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
Quite good site but the first picture of the man holding money is quite blury heres my site [URL]www.geocities.com/psychostyleworld[/URL]
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:45
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Submitting your web site to a few search engines would be a good start, though it may be a little while until you're actually listed in their indexes. Try MSN as a starting point ([URL]http://search.msn.co.uk/docs/submit.aspx[/URL]).
Mon 07/02/05 at 09:27
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
crossbob wrote:
> Quite good site but the first picture of the man holding money is
> quite blury heres my site
> [URL]www.geocities.com/psychostyleworld[/URL]

My eyes. My eyes... I feel so dirty!! Please tell me that's not a serious site.
Mon 07/02/05 at 09:31
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Submitting your web site to a few search engines would be a good
> start, though it may be a little while until you're actually listed
> in their indexes. Try MSN as a starting point
> ([URL]http://search.msn.co.uk/docs/submit.aspx[/URL]).

Fwiw, Google only reads teh first 10-50 lines of your page, anything below that gets ignored.

Organic search engine population takes a while but also depends on how well your content/code is structured. A mess of nested tables and images will take forever to populate, but clean CSS/HTML with correct ALT's TITLE's etc will populate very quickly.

Also make your information as precise and in context to your site as possible as many search engines still use META DATA for their indexing and ranking.

Cross linking helps too, especially int he case of Google. the more sites your site links to and from, the higher your rankings will become.
Mon 07/02/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tyla wrote:
> My eyes. My eyes... I feel so dirty!! Please tell me that's not a
> serious site.

He's deadly serious about it.
Mon 07/02/05 at 09:49
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> He's deadly serious about it.

I was afraid of that
Mon 07/02/05 at 12:46
Regular
"back of the fridge!"
Thanks for the advice, have submitted my URL to a number of search engines, so lets hope it works. Said it would take a while to actually get listed though...
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:31
Regular
"Pwned"
hooves wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, have submitted my URL to a number of search
> engines, so lets hope it works. Said it would take a while to
> actually get listed though...

Try using meta tags as well, all of the search engines will come across your site sooner or later if you use meta tags.

Edit these tags and copy them into your html code for your website:

Also, submit your site to www.dmoz.org for free, it's the biggest internet search directory there is, and all the main search engines use it, like google. Good luck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.