GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just bought a few movies..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/02/05 at 13:51
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
And I'm here to bore you about what they are...

Fight club
american history x
american psycho

Nothing special, just movies which I've been meaning to get for ages now.

Good day :)
Wed 09/02/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I watched that the other day. I really enjoy it. Christian bale is fantastic, as is willem dafoe
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:48
Regular
Oi, American Psycho is excellent too! Not AS excellent, but still excellent. Carried a message that was far more powerful than Fight Club's too.
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:41
Regular
"She's a dog!"
It's not that radical.

He is fairly tolerant towards foreigners and black Americans before his Dad's murder. He then goes mad after his dad is killed by a black drug dealer. Big turning point being his Dad's murder.

He then goes to prison and continues to be racist. Gets bummed by whites. Realises that every race, colour, whatever has its __. So turns away from racism. The Turning point being his rape, which is just as big an event in his life as his father's murder.

Hardly a huge change from a small event.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Suppose your right ;)
His radical change though does come across as a bit silly. One moment he's leading this huge racial act, then he accepts foreign people. Hmm... I have to watch fight club again. They are both so good its very hard to decide which is best.
Tue 08/02/05 at 08:51
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> Yeah that was fairly inappropriate, as was the anal rape scene.

That was the whole point of his change of direction. It's a pretty important, if ham fisted, part of the plot. I for one found his total change of attitude a bit far fetched.
Tue 08/02/05 at 08:13
Regular
I didn't see the shower scene inappropriate - part of the aim was to show his experiences in prison, and the reasons he doesn't want his Brother to follow the same route.

True, the main focus was on the racist nature his Brother had inherited, but the Prison plot, I felt, was an integral part of the story.

Great film, IMO tied with Fight Club for best of those three.
Tue 08/02/05 at 07:53
Regular
True, but I wasn't particularly put off by it.
Mon 07/02/05 at 21:41
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Reefer wrote:
> It was pretty stupid that they felt the need to slow down Ed Norton
> having a shower.

Yeah that was fairly inappropriate, as was the anal rape scene.
Mon 07/02/05 at 20:06
Regular
"8==="
darkcrystal wrote:
>
> Yeah, I don't like it when they slow down or speed up parts in
> movies.

You must've hated The Matrix, Face/Off and M:I 2.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:09
Regular
It was pretty stupid that they felt the need to slow down Ed Norton having a shower.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.