GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC18 - Pensée's"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/02/05 at 21:03
Regular
"communist"
Just as an FYI before you read this:
It was written for a friend of mine who calls himself Kvitulf. He suffers from depression and mild schizophrenia. This passage is his thoughts, as pictured by me. He's since read the story. Please read it slowly, maybe read it out loud nice and slow.
Thank you for your understanding.

Norway is the only country in the world to have yellow road markings. It's the snow - white markings on a white road, less than visible. Less than a flame. Less than a glowworm. Less than a what? A flint spark, a crack of lightning. I can almost see them, screaming running drenched through. Animals? none. But god knows there were, great brutes of animals. there's an irony, he thought. god.
"How does polytheism correlate with subsistence lifestyle?" polytheism being indo european, then came the arabs and told them there was only one, now they're smashing the f¤¤¤ers trying to get to his birthplace. Who cares, they're all sand-coloured anyway.
I built a kayak recently. It could also have been the schoolteacher, but I think it was me or kvitulf. it was very good, didn't leak at all except when I got in, then it collapsed and we start again. one day we will hunt the seals we killed for the kayak in the kayak. Or is it kajak, or kaiak, maybe the greenlanders know. Perhaps when we have killed enough seals we can go there to see, we will need a lot of food.
I was out today when I saw someone else's ski tracks. This is unusual, furuflaten has few strangers. Unless it was a man from the village, come to think, they are often up here. never thought they had skis, used to believe they tunnelled there. Now I think about it I suppose that's quite absurd.
Sun 13/02/05 at 17:21
Regular
"communist"
He said (and I quote, translated) "It's brilliant, very good. So sweet of you to write it, you've made me all happy now. I'll keep a copy on my desk."

It's lovely to see how simple actions like this can make people very happy
Sun 13/02/05 at 04:32
What was your mate's reaction after he read it?
Wed 09/02/05 at 21:29
Regular
Somewhat difficult to read, although considering the subject matter that's inescapable. Which probably makes this perfect for the short story format.

Very well written, and even more so when read aloud slowly, as suggested. Intelligent, complete and fascinating given the basis upon which you wrote this.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:33
Regular
"communist"
Ditto the apoloigies I was quite twitchy that evening.
Tue 08/02/05 at 17:20
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Sorry I'm not that understanding, but I had militant bacteria eating my throat from the inside, so it's probably best to entirely disregard my misguided ranting of the last 2 weeks. I re-read it, and I sort of like it better now.

Oh and please don't nit-pick, I'm have dyspraxia (however you spell it) and I'm crap at typing. meh.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:31
Regular
"communist"
Thanks for that Grix. I'm sure we're all different - Kvitulf said it was very good, but of course it's so hard for me to put myself in his position.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:58
Regular
Ah, I know what the problem is.

Sentences. Personal experience here, but my mind rushes so fast I don't have time for sentences. Just the words that are important, and images and sound. Sometimes it feels like the sentences are structured and together, but it's hazy, only a few words really standing out and echoing as such.

Just a thought anyway.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:55
Regular
Endure I'm afraid.

Little secret, I'm medium-rare schizophrenic too. I liked the story, but it didn't seem right.

I've tried many times to write a story about it, but I fail, it's very very difficult. I'm really going to have to give it a major push sometime.

Well done though, good effort.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:37
Regular
"communist"
Does anyone know if I can change the title of my thread? For some horrible horrible reason I have included an extraneous apostrophe. Shameful in the extreme but hey. Or will I have to endure this grammatical screw up?
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:14
Regular
"communist"
You mean weird, not wierd. And it's not the 'point'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.