GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"128mb in ps2. Yeah right..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/07/00 at 17:05
Regular
What website told you the ps2 had 128 ram? try 32. Also to clear up any misunderstanding of all you ps2 devotees. Take the blinkers off and have a look at the facts. Polygon throughput - ps2 20m, X box 100m. Fullstop.
Also, the X box cpu does not do texturing etc - much load taken by graphics processor. Also x Box has 64 mb unified ram - ie the developers can do what they want with it. With the ps2 they have much less of the said 32mb to play with. Frankly there is massive hype and misunderstanding surrounding the ps2 - all the fools in the polls said the ps2 is going to be better. Doh! It will be dumped as all leave for the good ship X box. Trouble is now I've seen the future I'm not content with the present - just look at those demos that demonstrate a quarter of x box potential.
Fri 28/07/00 at 17:05
What website told you the ps2 had 128 ram? try 32. Also to clear up any misunderstanding of all you ps2 devotees. Take the blinkers off and have a look at the facts. Polygon throughput - ps2 20m, X box 100m. Fullstop.
Also, the X box cpu does not do texturing etc - much load taken by graphics processor. Also x Box has 64 mb unified ram - ie the developers can do what they want with it. With the ps2 they have much less of the said 32mb to play with. Frankly there is massive hype and misunderstanding surrounding the ps2 - all the fools in the polls said the ps2 is going to be better. Doh! It will be dumped as all leave for the good ship X box. Trouble is now I've seen the future I'm not content with the present - just look at those demos that demonstrate a quarter of x box potential.
Tue 01/08/00 at 01:30
look at my latest messages below, if it is me that you are saying said the ps2 has 128mb ram well i was talking about the processor and the fact that it is 128bit and the xbox's PIII is 32bit, so read the messages properly next time and dont comment until you understand what you are talking about.

Mac wrote:
> What website told you the ps2 had 128 ram? try 32. Also to clear
> up any misunderstanding of all you ps2 devotees. Take the blinkers
> off and have a look at the facts. Polygon throughput - ps2 20m, X
> box 100m. Fullstop.
> Also, the X box cpu does not do texturing etc - much load taken by
> graphics processor. Also x Box has 64 mb unified ram - ie the
> developers can do what they want with it. With the ps2 they have
> much less of the said 32mb to play with. Frankly there is massive
> hype and misunderstanding surrounding the ps2 - all the fools in
> the polls said the ps2 is going to be better. Doh! It will be
> dumped as all leave for the good ship X box. Trouble is now I've
> seen the future I'm not content with the present - just look at
> those demos that demonstrate a quarter of x box potential.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.