GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iv'e just watched Donnie Darko...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 21:50
Regular
"lets go back"
...and I dont get it. Anyone care to explain it to me?
Fri 04/02/05 at 21:50
Regular
"lets go back"
...and I dont get it. Anyone care to explain it to me?
Fri 04/02/05 at 21:53
Regular
"8==="
I would also like an explanation.

Mainly the time travel bit (I think - haven't watched it for six months)
Fri 04/02/05 at 21:56
Regular
"lets go back"
yeah, thats the bit i didnt get. It was all going fine until the end then it shot straight over my head. I could come up woth loads of explinations but they'll all be filled with holes.
Fri 04/02/05 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
Apparently it's to do with the DVD extras on the special edition.

Part of me doesn't want to know, however, as if somehow knowing why might cheapen the whole experience.
Fri 04/02/05 at 22:47
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
To be honest, the explanation's a bit crap.

Spoiler:
[S][S][S][S][S][S]Can't remember exactly how it was supposed to work but the universe that the most part of the film was set in was something called a 'tangent universe' and Donnie was 'destined' to do whatever he was doing at the end (too dark to see and I've only seen it once)... The people around him who guided him were being manipulated by whatever powers that be. This universe was triggered somehow by the jet engine falling on his house then at the end of the film it loops back in time to the start only this time he's under the engine and gets squashed.

Why this would create a parallel universe however, who knows? And then you've got all sorts of issues about time affecting both of these universes differently and such, since it resumes where it left off in the 'real' world but about 28 days have passed in the other one. And what I said about time looping isn't exactly correct as if you note, right at the end the mum and the girlfriend wave to each other and have that confused 'I know you, don't I?' sort of look.

And remember, that's just an intepretation as it's not explained fully anywhere.
That's how I think it went anyway.

What the hell the giant rabbit was doing though, I don't know.

[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]

Anyone know why the fat chinese girl was there? She seemed to be in a lot of the film but have no absolutely no purpose... just seems strange.
Fri 04/02/05 at 22:59
Regular
"8==="
I remember now. When I watched it I started to think he was already dead and had been re-living events. I can't remember what part of the movie made me start to think that, I think it was the first time the rabbit showed up.

That's why the end puzzled me.
Fri 04/02/05 at 23:00
Regular
"cachoo"
I adored that film once. Now it's just damned annoying. I might go watch it now.
Sat 05/02/05 at 01:26
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This thread is sooooo 2003, having said that i'm now going to watch it because it's been a while and i loved it.
Sat 05/02/05 at 07:33
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> What the hell the giant rabbit was doing though, I don't know.

Frank is Maggie Gyllenhalls boyfriend, he's dressed up like because it's a halloween party. This is all from memory because i still haven't got round to watching it again.

> Anyone know why the fat chinese girl was there? She seemed to be in a
> lot of the film but have no absolutely no purpose... just seems
> strange.

Gah i think she was used to make a point about the exploitation of children, i think she also had some sort of outsider looking in thing as she's not actually manipluated into anything and can see all the weirdness going on around her.
Sat 05/02/05 at 10:01
Regular
It was a load of ass.

That's all you need to know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.