GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newsbin Help. news.freeola.net doesnt work...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 18:58
"Deadman Walking"
Hi people, just a quick question, how can i access newsgroups with Newsbin? I have used news.freeola.net as shown in the FAQS on freeola.info and have emailed them about it and they said it is news.freeola.net. I cannot get this to work because i cant get Newsbin to connect to that server. Does anyone here use Newsbin and know how i can get it to work?

Cheers

Shane
Fri 04/02/05 at 18:58
"Deadman Walking"
Hi people, just a quick question, how can i access newsgroups with Newsbin? I have used news.freeola.net as shown in the FAQS on freeola.info and have emailed them about it and they said it is news.freeola.net. I cannot get this to work because i cant get Newsbin to connect to that server. Does anyone here use Newsbin and know how i can get it to work?

Cheers

Shane
Fri 04/02/05 at 20:06
Regular
not tried Newsbin but just set it upin Outlook Express and it is working fine, not exactly sure what to do with all these topics though.
Sat 05/02/05 at 17:01
Regular
In the setup, set the server to news.freeola.net

When it asks you about which newsgroups you want, don't enter anything, because not all the newsgroups on the list are on freeola.

What you need to do, is click on the "Group" button on the main screen, and in the popup click on the "Download Groups" button. This will give you all of the groups available on Freeola.

Oh yeah - don't bother with authentication on Freeola because it's not used and won't work. If you're on a Freeola connection you should get access to the newsgroups without needing an sr number or anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.