GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's worse than political science?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
An essay at Uni is asking me this.

Is it political science or worse?
I just can't get my head around the wording... first of all I'm trying to think what is worse? All it can be is some rubbish political rant.

What do you think smart people?
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Light wrote:
> Hmm...nice one. Sounds like a good read. Mind you, I would say it's
> failed as a piece of satire because it's widely accepted now to be
> the authority on how to succeed in power.

Yeah, I kind of said that too.
I can't even remember my point fully. I said that it was an accomplished piece of work that had past the test of time but the motives for writing it shed a different light on it... or something.
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
SHEEPY, why not actually post your essay, (unless it was hand-written).
I'd be interested to read it and see if I understand any of it.
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hmm...nice one. Sounds like a good read. Mind you, I would say it's failed as a piece of satire because it's widely accepted now to be the authority on how to succeed in power.
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I've not felt this thick in a very long time.
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Light wrote:
> Nice one. What did you end up writing about?

Erm, I can't remember now.

I analysed The Prince as political science then 'or worse' aspect I looked at views that it was political satire or that it was merely a job application to get a post in the Medici government.

I concluded that the piece was an artistic blunder and was only meant as a satire. I supported this by showing all his other work was of a Republican perspective. However, the piece can still be claimed as political science due to it's detailed, emotionless study of politics etc etc

" Highly detailed and original discussion " - Sheepy wins
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:35
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hey, I hope you still appreciate the effort I put into the linguistics of my insults...
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:27
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You grumble about the childish sense of humour the forum has, Grix,
> but you may as well send invitations out.

Intentionally childish + actually rude is funny. Childishness and lazy, lazy attempts to offend someone is just pathetic.

If you're going to do something, for Christ's sake put some effort into it. The lack of ideas and ability to actually *try* in humour is really destroying this site. It used to be very funny, but now it's full of sub-standard innuendo (as pointed out by Nash, copyright 2005, now shut up) and extremely petty attempts to offend each other.

It's lazy, it's depressing, and I'm getting sick to death of it.
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:07
"period drama"
Or relicised poligion.
Thu 17/03/05 at 16:06
Regular
"8==="
or politicised religion.
Thu 17/03/05 at 14:58
Regular
"8==="
What's worse than political science?

Political religion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.