GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantastic idea for a film. That I had."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 11:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Third time I've posted this - keep crashing, so I'll keep it brief and suspenseless.

It involves:
God, the Devil, why Jesus rose from the grave, Judas, the disciples, their relatives, the Romans, the crusades, the Knights Templar, France, Scotland, holy destruction, and the future of Mankind!

It gets complicated, and difficult to explain, but it's basically meant as another film in the incredibly lame Highlander series (but a good one!). The legend goes that either the Grail, or Jesus's child escaped to France after his death. It's all down to a translation that either meant "Holy Grail", or "Holy Blood". In this film it is both, which explains the confusion over the translation. The child grew up and had children of her own (it was a girl called "Sara" - Hebrew for "Princess" apparently), but neither Sara or her children die - they are the first immortals...or so they think.

It turns out that Judas, as he hung himself, did a deal with the Devil where he would become an immortal himself, in return for hunting down and killing Jesus's child. So Judas is the forst immortal...or so he thinks. He also has a bloodline parallel with Sara's. I know they did something similar to this in Dracula 2000, which was pretty clever, but this is a different film, and it's been suggested that the original Highlander films took place in a different Universe, so anything can happen. The main point of these characters are to track down and kill Jesus's bloodline, which they do quite frequently.

Also, building on the idea of the "prize" from the original films. The prize turns out to be ultimate control over Earth as the second coming - except the outcome of the film will be either God or the Devil in control. But no-one knows this, except for a shadowy group of religious militants who defend Sara and her relatives...and they are...dun dun DUUUN - descendants of the Disciples! They're mortal, but they formed the Knights Templar which guards the Holy Grail, and watch from the shadows, protecting as much as they can. And according to legend, where are the Knights Templar based...Scotland - the setting for the first film with Connor MacCloud. Making sense now?

I've thought of the ending, and it's quite a good climax, but I don't think I've explained it very well. I'd love to write it - always wanted to do something like this. Doubt I ever will, just thought it was a clever idea and it goes much deeper than this, but can't really explain it. Or be bothered to.
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I loved that French pixelated lady in broken Sword.
> Mmmmm

WOOT!
Sat 05/02/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
gerrid wrote:
> The whole holy grail / holy blood thing was just an error in
> transcription. There is no evidence to suggest that the holy grail is
> anything to do with children. The whole "sara" legend is
> also nothing to do with Jesus, as it wasn't Mary Magdalene on the
> boat and the 'princess' was an egyptian slavegirl.

Yeeees...I said that...
Sat 05/02/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hahahaha - claymation. Look, it's a fantasy film with elements of Christianity. Like Flash Gordon with a cross.
Sat 05/02/05 at 20:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The whole holy grail / holy blood thing was just an error in transcription. There is no evidence to suggest that the holy grail is anything to do with children. The whole "sara" legend is also nothing to do with Jesus, as it wasn't Mary Magdalene on the boat and the 'princess' was an egyptian slavegirl.

I love ridiculous conspiracy theories. i hope that one day you make this film and it is hand-animated. Possibly with some sort of stop-motion plastersine animation. mmmmmmm.
Sat 05/02/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you really do want to write this, what exactly is stopping you from doing it now, while ideas are rather fresh in your head and you can already see, from the reception on here, it could go rather well.
Sat 05/02/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't go stealing it now - I could be the next M. Night Thingyjabob.
Fri 04/02/05 at 18:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Intriguing...
Fri 04/02/05 at 17:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> Nice idea.
>
> *steals idea*

"pardon me, but is your name James Cameron or Ridley Scott?"
Fri 04/02/05 at 17:50
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Nice idea.

*steals idea*
Fri 04/02/05 at 17:30
Regular
Wow!
That's a fantastic idea for a film. That you had.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.